Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at the Millenium Gloucester?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 09:04 AM
scaltreto

Thanks to all RE: Earl Court area, pubs, etc. Millenium Gloucester has been suggested and they do have triple rooms with full English breakfast. Has anyone stayed there?? Size of rooms, condition of bathrooms, service, location, etc., etc. We are considering changing our trip from February to April (school vacation) in hopes of getting a less expensive vacation package through BA. Thanks again to all.

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 06:45 PM
Marla

I can't comment on the Millennium Gloucester, however I can comment on the location. We return 2 weeks ago from London/Paris. We stayed at the Millennium Bailey's which is next door to the Gloucester. The hotels are directly across the street from the tube station. There are 3 grocery-store/convenience stores, 2+ pastry shops, and several fast food restaurants within spitting distance of the hotels. <BR> <BR>We booked through Londontown.com and got the Bailey's for 60 pounds for a double. Good Luck!

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 07:05 AM
Shelley

I have addressed this in the past and you might find my other responses about this hotel if you do a search. However, in a nutshell, my husband and I stayed here in August 1998. We were pleased with our accommodations. When we were checking in, we decided to splurge and upgrade to a club room. The room was large with a marble bathroom. It had air conditioning, which we appreciated since it was August and warm. The room had a small sitting area and a king size bed. On the club floor, cocktails and munchies and breakfast were included. I would not hesitate to stay there again. However, when we were in London this past June, we stayed across the street at Harrington Hall. It is a bit nicer than the M. Gloucester, but pricier. However, it is common to get rooms at a considerable discount now, just by asking. We stayed at HH because my sister and her family of four were traveling with us and could get accommodations they needed at HH. The location of both hotels in convenient and I think you would be happy at either one. (And I am picky about my accommodations!) Happy Traveling!

Old Oct 25th, 2004, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have just been awarded the Millennium Gloucester for a $92 a night bid (tax not included) through Priceline for a 7 day stay in July, 2005. Probably bid a little too high, but too late now. Anyway, I've been reading through the thread on this particular hotel, many entries going back at least 3 years. I've got a good feel, I think, for the general consensus--good location; pleasant staff; often worn but clean accommodations. Out of curiousity, though, has anyone stayed there lately? If so, how did you find it? Has anybody asked for an upgrade to Club, and if so, how much were they asking for the upgrade? Thanks
Old Oct 25th, 2004, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We just stayed at the M. Baileys, and the upgrade there was &pound;35 a night but included full breakfast for which they charge &pound;15 per person. I'm not a big breakfast person and would never have spent that kind of money on it, but I did enjoy it since it was there.