Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Antica Torre in Siena

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 09:11 AM
Ann

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Antica Torre in Siena, and if so I would appreciate your opinion of the quality and size of the rooms, location, staff, etc. I tried to do a search on this forum, but nothing came up. However, I don't find the search function ever works for me. I usually get a message that says I have timed out and no information appears. Anyone else have that problem?

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 09:13 AM
Jeannie

Yes, and I don't know what it means??? <BR>I'm looking for information on the Sienna area too.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 10:25 AM
Carol

<BR>We recently stayed at the Palazzo Ravizza in Siena and enjoyed it much. They have a Web site if you want to take a look. <BR> <BR>The location is great. It's through the Porto San Marco and not far from the center of Siena. We had one of the best dinners in Italy in their restaurant. <BR> <BR>Good luck.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 12:56 PM
Karen

I also enjoyed my stay at Palazzo Ravizzo. The room had old world charm and faced the garden and was very quiet. It has a great location, a few minutes walk to everything. When I was there, they required half board. While the dinner was good, I missed the opportunity to try different restaurants. However, I'd stay there again for the location.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 02:42 PM
Sue

Dear Ann <BR> <BR>We stayed at Antica Torre. Our ground floor room faced the courtyard, which made it a little dark. It's a bit of a hike from the SITA bus stop, but it is on a quiet street and near a laundromat, which we needed during our stay. Hope this helps.

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 06:12 AM
Sam

I, too, am interested in the Hotel Antica Torre in Siena and would appreciate more feedback. I know it is a fairly new B&B. Am posting this to bring the message back to the top.

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 06:37 AM
Sue

Hi Sam. I'd gladly give more feedback, but I'm unsure of just what you want to know.

Old Aug 18th, 2001, 08:15 AM
Sam

Sue, I would like to know: large/small rooms? quality of room? how was the bathroom? did it have a hair dryer? did you make a reservation directly with the hotel, or did you use a reservation service? was the staff helpful? Grazi

Old Nov 3rd, 2001, 06:42 PM
Sue

Good heavens, I can't believe I just found this thread again, sorry for the long delay in reply. <BR> <BR>Size of room: about typical for a 2 star, which is to say just enough, no more. <BR>Bathroom was freshly tiled and clean, but just big enough. I think it had a hairdryer, but sorry, can't remember for sure. <BR>Quality-furniture in good condition, no TV or safe though I think front desk had a safe. Reading lights awful as usual, bring a battery operated book light. <BR>Made rez directly with hotel, via fax. Staff were helpful. <BR>Good luck.

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 04:58 AM
Mariarosa

Hi Sue! That is very helpful information. Do you remember approximately how much you paid? And now, for my silly question, do the small bathroom had a tub, an enclosed shower or one with a curtain? Thanks.

Old Nov 4th, 2001, 03:53 PM
Sue

Marierosa - it's been over a year and a half, my memory is a little rusty. I know for sure we had no trouble with water spilling out of the shower, so it must have had something, but I can't remember whether it was a curtain or an enclosure. <BR> <BR>I'm sorry, I can't remember the exact price. I think in 2000 it was between 150,000 and 170,000 lira.

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 01:23 PM
Mariarosa

Thanks Sue! That is very helpful! Now I only need to figure out whether I want to splurge on the Ravizza or not.

Old Feb 7th, 2004, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anybody have a web address for the Antica Torre in Siena?

We would like to inquire about their room availability, but do not have any contact info. We're also curious if anybody has any recent reviews for this hotel.
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Booked a room on the top floor of the Antica Torre for 110 Euros. We are going in April. I have heard that the view from the top is spectacular. The reviews in Fordors destination section is mixed so I will see how we like it. The website is www.anticatorresiena.it The print is small and hard to read. I booked with them directly at [email protected]
I found some more pictures of the property by doing a web search for Antica Torre in Siena. I got a bunch of various hotel booking sites with info on the hotel.