Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone actually stayed as the Hotel de Varenne in Paris?

Jun 26th, 2003, 07:30 PM
qtr
Original Poster

I have seen this hotel mentioned several times. I did a search, but I cannot find a review of it anywhere. Perhaps the name has changed or it is fairly new?
Jun 26th, 2003, 08:45 PM

Gee, I'm one of the people who have not stayed here but have posted comments from what I've read about the hotel.

I am sure there are people who have stayed here.

And the name of the hotel is not new nor is the hotel new.
Jun 26th, 2003, 09:13 PM

There are a couple of very positive comments from guests on paris.org:

http://www.paris.org/Hotels/hotel.cg...14057775707077
Jun 26th, 2003, 09:44 PM
qtr
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I did check out the paris.org site. I still wish I could find more recent reviews. One review was a man who went there 19 years ago and the other review was from 1997. Please let me know if you see any others.
Jun 26th, 2003, 10:25 PM

If it's any help to you the hotel is listed in the Hotels of Character and Charm in Paris guidebook. I'm sure it has to be a very nice hotel. Did you have a look at their website?
Jun 27th, 2003, 06:29 AM
qtr
Original Poster

Yes, I did look at their website and it looked great. I guess I'm just a little hesitant because all the usual sites like Fodors Rant and Rave and tripadvisor.com don't have any mention of it. I think it is in a pretty good location and the prices are good so it seems like more people would have mentioned it.
Jun 27th, 2003, 06:49 AM
ron

Another respondent who has not stayed there, but we did stay directly across the street at du Palais Bourbon a year ago. And I did wander into the courtyard entrance of de Varennes and thought the hotel looked very nice and welcoming. We liked the area as a place to stay, but I do not think it is that popular amongst Fodorites (who seem to prefer rue Cler and St. Germain). We would stay on that street again, but since we find 2 star hotels in Paris adequate for us, we would stick with du Palais Bourbon rather than upgrade to de Varennes.
Jun 27th, 2003, 11:18 AM

Hi qtr,

Well, I haven't stayed there either but took a look at their web site and thought it looked good and the rates reasonable. It's a nice street and the location is good. One of the great things about staying here is that for 1E per person you can pop into the Rodin Museum garden anytime and wander around, enjoy the flowers and sculptures and then sit in the outdoor museum cafe.

adrienne
Jun 27th, 2003, 11:38 AM

There must be someone who has stayed at Hotel de Varenne!!