Reload this Page >

Has any stayed at Le Mas de L'Amandier in Provence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Carley

We are looking at this property to stay at in October. Just wondering if anyone knows of the property and could give us some information. Thanks

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 07:43 PM
mimi taylor

That's in the Languedoc-Roussillon area not Provence<BR> in the Gard with wonderful views of the cevennes.A lovely part of the south of France.<BR>It's possible there s another place with that name. Tell me the name of the village, and try to check it out.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 08:12 PM
Carley

It is near the village of St.Saturnin Les Avignon 5 miles from Avignon

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 08:38 PM
mimi

carley here is their website.<BR>www.lemasdelamandier.com<BR><BR>I have heard wonderful things about this place from posters here. repost again if this sinks. I think its Ron Or Anthony who stayed there amoung other regulars here.It does look nice.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 08:50 PM
Carley

Thanks so much Mimi. I did a search using the name but nothing came up. Any suggestions on what else I could put in the search.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 08:54 PM
mimi

didnt the url I gave you work?<BR>

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 08:57 PM
mimi

I tried it again. Iworks. there are 4 big rooms a pool and largge garden and a terrace.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Carley

Hi mimi yes I have that website and is what we are using to inquire more about it and get rates etc. I was hoping to find some info on Fodor's of people who may have stayed here and could give me ther opinions of it. Thanks for your help.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Carley

There are four couple going so it would be perfect. Just would like to get someone who has stayed there opinion of it.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 04:30 AM
Lesley

There may be several inns with this name, but I have stayed in one near the village of Graveson, half way between Arles and Avignon, not far from Les Baux and St Remy. If this is the one you are thinking of, I can tell you about it. First though, I have to tell you that we stayed there because it belongs to the sister of a friend of ours in Spain, so you will have to take what I say in the light of that. It is a simple two star hotel, part of the Logis de France chain. The owners speak English, but when we were there (in late June) we were the only none French people there. The Mas is now the main house where the family live and the bar/breakfast room is. The rooms are built around the small pool and in two separate buildings. They are simply furnished but clean. The restaurant is a few yards away, the food was ok but not brilliant. The owners were very helpful and friendly. It was very hot and there was no airconditioning, so you rapidly learned to keep the shutters closed all day to keep the heat out. The nicest thing was sitting around the pool at night, with all the other guests, enjoying a nightcap.<BR>They have a website (www.hotel-des-amandiers.com) which has photographs. I enjoyed my stay there very much and look forward to staying there again sometime.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 06:33 AM
Carley

Hi Lesley, Thanks for your reply but it is not the hotel we are looking at. I guess you are right that there are a number of hotels with this name. Appreciate your time.