Search

Happy Chanukah

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 06:28 PM
Adam Sandler

Happy Chanukah

In celebration of the 4th night of Chanukah:<BR><BR>...for all those nice Jewish kids who don't get to hear Chanukah songs:<BR><BR>THE CHANUKAH SONG<BR><BR>Put on your yarmulke<BR>Here comes Chanukah<BR>So much funukah<BR>To celebrate Chanukah<BR>Chanukah IS the festival of lights<BR>Instead of one day of presents, we have eight crazy nights<BR><BR>When you feel like the only kid in town without a Christmas tree<BR>Here's a list of people who are Jewish just like you & me<BR>David Lee Roth lights the menorah<BR>So do Kirk Douglas, James Caan & the late Dinah Shore-ah<BR><BR>Guess who eats together at the Carnegie Deli<BR>Bowser from Sha Na Na & Arthur Fonzerelli<BR>Paul Newman's 1/2 Jewish, Goldie Hawn's 1/2 too<BR>Put them together, what a fine-lookin' Jew<BR><BR>You don't need "Deck the Halls" or "Jingle Bell Rock"<BR>'Cause you can spin the dreidel w/Captain Kirk & Mr. Spock - both Jewish<BR><BR>Put on your yarmulke<BR>It's time for Chanukah<BR>The owner of the Seattle Supersonicahs<BR>Celebrates Chanukah<BR><BR>O.J. Simpson, not a jew<BR>But guess who is? Hall of famer Rod Carew - he converted<BR>We got Ann Landers & her sister Dear Abby<BR>Harrison Ford's a 1/4 Jewish - not too shabby<BR><BR>Some people think that Ebenezer Scrooge is<BR>Well he's not, but guess who is<BR>All Three Stooges<BR>So many Jews are in showbiz<BR>Tom Cruise isn't, but I heard his agent is<BR><BR>Tell your friend Veronica<BR>It's time celebrate Chanukah<BR>I hope I get a harmonicah<BR>On this lovely, lovely Chanukah<BR>So drink your gin & tonicah<BR>And smoke your marijuanikah<BR>If you really, really wanukah<BR>Have a happy, happy, happy, happy Chanukah<BR><BR>Happy Chanukah<BR><BR>(and to give credit where credit is due)<BR>c1994 NBC Productions, Inc./Adam Sandler Music/Morton Music Pub./Battle Harbour Pub. (ASCAP)

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 07:09 PM
Lauren

Song is best sung VERY off key.<BR><BR>So, put on your yarmulka and go celebrate Chanukah.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 08:07 PM
Adam

Dear Lauren,<BR><BR>Thanks for playing!<BR><BR>Topping for 5th day of Chanukah!!

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 08:18 PM
mimi taylor

thanks adam, I always enjoy your songs.

Old Dec 13th, 2001, 09:33 PM
Adam

I hope you enjoy them as much as you enjoy Chanukah, Mimi.<BR><BR>And yes, Lauren, it is best to sing off-key ('tis the season), but I hope you're not referring to me.<BR><BR>Happy, happy, happy, happy Chanukah!

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 03:54 AM
Licht

Hi! This sounds like one of those songs sung by the guy who sang "hello Muddah,Helloh faddah"...the letter from camp song. I forget his name..Sheldon something or something Sheldon!<BR><BR>Thanks for the fun!

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 04:04 AM
Virginia

Happy Chanukah everyone I know it is not a major holiday but enjoy the season whatever it brings you!!!

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 04:52 AM
c

Happy Chanukah to you all~<BR>And a SAFE-REALLY HAPPY NEW YEAR~~~~~

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 05:03 AM
Susan

Licht,<BR>"Hello mudda, hello fadda" is by Alan Sherman (you were close!). He's done some great Jewish humor, too.<BR>Happy Chanukah!

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 05:14 AM
Mom

Thanks, my son loved this when he saw it on Saturday Night Live years ago~he lives in Japan now, so I have sent it to him~Happy Chanukah~

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 05:38 AM
That Opera Jewish guy from SNL

Dear Licht,<BR><BR>Glad you like the song. Always liked "Hello Muddah, Helloh Faddah" myself, especially since I attended a camp from h&ll myself. But I always thought Frank Sinatra sung that song. Silly me. By the way, are you related to MC Lyte? <BR><BR>Ah, but it IS a major holiday for some of us. And yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus (or Tinter Klaus). Will he ever get a new look?<BR><BR>Thanks, c, and a SAFE-REALLY HAPPY NEW YEAR~~~~~to you, too!<BR><BR>Susan, thanks for the update!<BR><BR>Mom, this song is available on one of Adam's cds (but we're just having fun, we're NOT advertising), if you wanted to send it to your son in Japan. Tell him I said "Hi!".<BR><BR>And tonight, we light (licht/Lyte) the 5th candle for Chanukah.

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 05:40 AM
Vita

Thanks, Adam. You always make me laugh!

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 05:47 AM
anon

If you really want to hear the song, you could listen to (& request) it from www.woxy.com an alternative music web radio station. <BR>BTW, they're mentioned in the movie "Rainman" (97X Bang! the future of rock 'n' roll).<BR>Happy Chanukah!!!! Merry Christmas!!!! Happy New Year!!!! Happy Holidays!!!!!

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 05:51 AM
Adam

Hi Vita, I finally beat ya @ a holiday greeting!!<BR><BR>Glad you like the song!<BR><BR>Happy (Gilmore) Chanukah!<BR>

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 05:54 AM
Vita

FOILED! I'll get you for this, Adam Sandler!

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 05:56 AM
Adam

Sure Vita, just be sure to save that FOIL for Chanukah presents. Remember: Instead of one day of presents, we have eight crazy nights!<BR><BR>

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 06:04 AM
Book Chick

Thanks, Adam & Happy Chanukah!<BR><BR>Your Chanukah song & "Love To Eat Turkey" are a couple of my favorite holiday songs, & I think they're classics!<BR><BR>BC

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 06:21 AM
Adam

You're welcome Book Chick. Somehow I knew you'd love this!! Maybe you could give us the turkey lyrics at Christmas?<BR><BR>Hope everyone's enjoying this.

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 12:09 PM
Lisa

To the real Adam, wherever he may be, thank you for that song. We really enjoy that one.<BR><BR>I think it is time to add a few verses to update that song.<BR><BR>I mean, how can you have a song about "Chanukah" without a "Monica" (Lewinsky). <BR><BR>Throw in Jerry Seinfeld so that Matt Lauer does not embarrass himself again on national TV by asking Jerry what he is getting his daughter for Christmas. (Jerry's answer, "Nothing. She's Jewish)<BR><BR>And so many more.

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 12:24 PM
Capo

Thanks! I've always loved that song, as well as (most of the time) Sandler's sense of humor. <BR><BR>Don't forget the holiday greeting used by Chinese Jews: Happy Jackie Chanukah :~)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -