Haircuts in Europe?

Mar 5th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

Haircuts in Europe?

Has anyone had there haircut in Europe? What were the results?
Mar 5th, 2004, 01:42 PM

yes..shorter hair! just like anywhere good and bad stylists. i do know in germany the hair dressers have had quite a long apprentice program..
Mar 5th, 2004, 01:49 PM
JonJon

Unless you think that hairstyles in Europe are drastically different than where you live AND you have some way of making sure EVERYONE immediately recognizes that you got you haircut in Germany (if you do have please DON'T tell us what it is because I think it might scare people)...then why would you bother wasting valuable travel time sitting in a chair having someone that you'll NEVER get "that close" to despite your wildest fantasies run their fingers through your hair? Get real and get it cut before you leave.

Mar 5th, 2004, 01:52 PM

That is one thing we always try to plan for when away. We got hooked the one year my six year old son went in to get a ten minute trim and was finished about one hour later...he got a scalp massage, wash, blow dry, hair poducts the entire star treatment - it was realy fun and the results were great! Now it is usually on this list of things to do when we travel. It's a little scary when you don't know the salon or hairdressers - but its only hair and it grows back very quickly! Go for it - be adventursome!
Mar 5th, 2004, 01:54 PM
rcc

Hey, no bashing on Paula!

I had a haircut in Europe. My wife felt that the hair in area around my left ear weren't done propertly by my local barber in the States. So, using our Swiss Army knife/scissors, she straightened it out! Right in our B&B cottage in Villeneuve Les Avignon.

Results: shorter left sideburns, but definitely more aligned with the right.

Mar 5th, 2004, 01:59 PM

On a recent trip to Seville, my husband stopped at a barbershop for a clipping. Now whenever I listen to the opera Barber of Seville on CD, it brings back fun memories!