Hair Cut in London

May 9th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

Hair Cut in London

Any suggestions to get a good hair cut and colour (highlights) in London. Don't want to pay an arm and a leg but would like a good style.
May 9th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Bootman4U

Just stay away from Queen Elizabeth's hairdresser!

May 9th, 2003, 03:55 PM

If you accidently wind up there, perhaps she'll let you borrow one her of her stylish hats?
May 9th, 2003, 04:51 PM

It depends on how much you want to pay and where you'll be located. There are numerous Toni & Guy salons which are quite good, but they'll run about 100 pounds for cut and colour. There are a lot of very pricey salons which cater to the rich and famous, but the others are probably just like the ones you'd find in North America.
May 9th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Bootman4U

And if she does you can use it to cover up the over-priced style you got.

May 9th, 2003, 09:03 PM

Toni and Guy are a good choice...For a little more money you could try Vidal Sassoon, they do great work...either very classic or over the top, your choice. There are 2-4 salons in London to choose from. If you are budgeting you might ask to be a model at either T&G or VS. They always need models for their advanced classes...it will take a little extra time though.
May 10th, 2003, 03:36 AM

If you really want to try Vidal Sassoon and don't want to spend a fortune, go to his school , located behind Grey's Antiques Market , Bond street tube station. The teachers stand right over the students and you'll get a great cut for about 20 GBP
May 10th, 2003, 05:45 PM

Not specific to London, but ask a sales clerk in a women's clothing store, that is similar to your own look & style, in the neighborhood where you are staying, for their recommendation. And/or pick up a free entertainment or tourist guide or local publication that has lots of ads for services.
May 11th, 2003, 01:15 AM

Richard Ward on Sloane Street is excellent. Prices are on the high side. I have had bad experiences at larger chains like Toni & Guy and Vidal Sassoon. They are over hyped in my opinion. Check out this link for more salons in London: http://www.goodsalonguide.co.uk/index.asp
May 11th, 2003, 06:37 AM

Tony&Guy is a large franchise - all their stylists are trained at the T&G Academy, but some salons are better than others. Ones in central London, like Covent Garden, are still owned by T&G and have better stylists. Also T&G in Angel, Islington (come out or the tube and turn right) is an excellent franchise that has stylists from some of the top salons (not just T&G trained) in London. I get my hair done there, and they are very skilled and up-to-the minute in the fashion stakes. Ask for Luke or Pete for the cut, and Roz for the colour. Cuts normally cost about y45, and colour about y70. Not cheap, but pretty standard at better salons in London.
May 11th, 2003, 05:33 PM

Suze (a few posts above) gave a good suggestions. However, housing in London is so expensive that the sales lady may live far away. She may know of a good place that is not close. Tell her that's ok, that you are willing to travel (if that's true).

Have fun! I have had my haircut in a foreign country that I didn't know the language. It is very hard for me to say how I want my haircut even in English. I know a few words, like short/long/not too short/like this picture.
May 11th, 2003, 06:18 PM

So how much does it cost for a good nail clip and de matting in London?

I like my current calico colour, so no tinting is required.