Hôtel d'Arlatan vs. Nord Pinus

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wan looking for a hotel in Arles and was about to book Hôtel d'Arlatan based on the many positive write ups. Then I looked Tripadvisor, where the reviews are largely negative. Nord Pinus looks like a good
alternative. Any opinions?
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 09:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I stayed at the Nord Pinus. Do not book a room overlooking the street because of noise. It overlooks the place de Forum. They have their own garage which is good.
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 04:55 PM

Have you taken a look at Le Calendal? There is a review here on Fodor's and elsewhere. I was booked for the Pinus and was glad I changed beacause of the location. It is on a very busy square with haeay nighttime action. The d'Arlatan is in a quieterl location and close to the square but I've never stayed there. The Calendal is very nice, easy walking distance to the Square and other places and literally accross from the Roman Colloseum. It has a beautiful garden patio and comfortable lobby for just sittingif you want. I had one of the largest rooms. The bedroom part was small but I could have held a dance in the bathrrom and it had a large terrace with chaises and a table. It overlooked the Courtyard garden. I think I paid 80 Euros a night! They have breakfast in the morning and serve light meals throughout the day. For Arles it would be my choice again.There is also A/C
Old Nov 4th, 2005, 05:05 PM

Le Calendal, is a better choice having been there also but it's only a short walk to the place de forum and they direct you to parking. There's a lovely terrace for dining. and, yes $$$ less.
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 03:06 AM
Original Poster

I looked at the Le Calendal website. It is one of the worst I've ever seen. It is flash, with no pictures and information on rates, no nothing. There is just a lot of vague calaptrap and no real information The 360 vitist thing doesn't work on my computer.

Anyway, it seems too cheap. You usually get what you pay for. It might be a good budget choice, but I'm not looking for a budget hotel.

Anyway, thanks for the alert on the Nord Pinus noise. That is a prime consideration for me.
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 09:22 AM

The tone of your response for information doesn't exactly invite help from others. Pay what you want and stay where you want. I could care less. And don't presume that because others are offering you advice on value means they only go for cheap places.
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 09:28 AM

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34680104
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

"The tone of your response for information doesn't exactly invite help from others. Pay what you want and stay where you want. I could care less. And don't presume that because others are offering you advice on value means they only go for cheap places."

Oh, did I hurt baby's poor widdle feelings. Boo hoo.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 06:52 AM

I stayed and the Nord Pinus right on a room overlooking the street and loved it. Perhaps I was very tired each night (not to mention full of wine) but had no problem sleeping and loved being right on the forum.

I loved staying at this hotel. The location was great and the ambience in the hotel was different and interesting.