Guides for day trips from Florence

Old Jan 4th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Familyman

Guides for day trips from Florence

Three generations of family (7 in all) will be in Florence this summer. We want to take days trip to Siena and to Pisa/Lucca. Rental car seems problematic -- we'd need two which kills ease of "stop where you want" etc. I realize train or bus travel is an option, but wonder if anyone knows of a guide who could arrange these trips for just our small group -- thinking this might make the most of our time. Thanks.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 09:13 AM
topper

topping

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 11:34 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Do a search under IITT--Italy Independent travel team--to find an email for my friend Paolo Fanti. He manages several independent drivers and tour operators out of Florence. Tell him I sent you. For the Siena segment, just take the local bus from near the station to be in Siena in 1:10--the easiest way for that. You can also do Lucca easily by train, but if you want to see the other smaller hill towns, then a driver is required. Good luck !

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 12:04 PM
sandra

I

http://www.masternet.it/home/IITT/home.htm

Bob, is the above website the one to which you're referring to ???

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Familyman

Thanks -- I had already found that site and it looks good. I was just wondering if there were others . . . but with a recommendation I'll follow up on it.