Group Transport from Heathrow

Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:37 PM
Original Poster

Group Transport from Heathrow

Hello,
I have a group of 8 teens and three adults who will need to be transported from Heathrow to Hampstead. (Girl Scouts)

Due to my relocation I will not be arriving with them and have concerns about making them do the Train and tube. I thought a transport might be best, but have no idea if there are any services that transport that large a group.

Thanks!
Jan 22nd, 2005, 06:22 PM

I highly recommend Ray Skinner at London-Transfers.com. We've used his services several times, and been very happy with them. I'm sure he can arrange transportation for your group.
Jan 23rd, 2005, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks,
I am going to send him an email. I want to pay for this for the group and just have it all taken care of and his website indicates they want cash on arrival, but maybe if I volunteer to send the money in advance they will work with me.
Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:10 PM

CarolA,

I'm sure Ray will work out something with you. He's a former BA exec, and a very reliable driver, as are the other drivers that he employs.

If for the sake of comparison shopping, you'd like to look at other pricing, a site that often gets recommended here on the forum is: Justairports.com

There's also Londontown.com, which can arrange everything from transfers-hotels-theatre tickets. But I don't have personal experience with either of these two.

Good luck, and hope it goes well!
Apr 20th, 2005, 01:56 PM

I travel into Heathrow mainly alone on Business and always use John O'Leary 011 44 79569 760 009.

A couple of times I have arrived in groups of 6 and 7 and John still had vehicles to fit us all in comfort. He is very pleasant, and has good rates
Apr 20th, 2005, 02:06 PM

OK, forgive me for once again being the suspicious type, but isn't it convenient that Tim_E, came to Fodors today for the first time ever, and made the specific effort to register and then brought up three old posts just to tell us about a particular car service that no one else has ever mentioned?
Is this the only travel tip you have, Tim -- especially since you apparently travel to London a lot?
Apr 21st, 2005, 05:42 AM

Patrick What is your problem. surely this is for feedback exchange, which is exactly what I have done. Whilst looking throug the forums I came accross this thread ( I have also used Ray Skinner, who also runs a very good service), so i posted what I know. I made teo post on similar subjects as they are related. perhaps in that case, no-one should post anything at all?
Apr 21st, 2005, 06:45 AM

4 of us used Justairports.com. It was reasonable and reliable. I don't know what kind of vehicle they have for a group of 11, but you should inquire. I'm sure they have some arrangement for larger groups.
Apr 21st, 2005, 10:44 AM

Tim_E, I'd have no objection if you would just tell the truth. I'm sorry I object to people who have to "lie" to post here.

As I mentioned on the other thread, do you really expect us to believe all the following?

a) you just happened to "find" this thread and two others like it -- which were clearly buried under at least 5000 or more posts? You just happened to browse through over 3 months of old posts and just happened to run into these three separate old threads? Meanwhile you never saw another topic in all those posts that was worth a comment?

b) you expect us to believe that you don't know youngsterm, who just happened to register within minutes of you, and just happened to post within minutes of your first post, and you both just happened not only to recommend the exact same unknown firm, but both just happened to give the phone number wrong -- both of you by giving the exact same wrong sequence of numbers? How stupid are we supposed to be.

c) No one is complaining about giving valuable information. If you hadn't gone to so much effort to post what you did and then deny that it was done on purpose, there would be no problem with your post.

Maybe your intentions were honest. Maybe you are not connected with this service you've commented on. But to come here to register and spend a lot of effort specifically seeking only three posts about one topic to post on and then DENYING that you did that, but trying to pretend you just happened to run across them -- well, sorry, I just don't see the point of your making up such an unbelievable story! Why not come here and be honest? If you even had now admitted that you came here and registered to post so that you could tell us about this great service, we might be able to believe you, but since you feel it is necessary to continue the "fib" by telling us you just happened to find this by "looking through the Forums", well you are obviously not being totally honest with us.
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:25 AM

Patric, you jump to far many conclusions. You consider yur conclusions to be factual, when they are not.

I was readin through various threads, and came accross this, as Ray skinner is someone I used, and therefore this is topical to me, So I posted. After that I did do a search for the same name, and made another post.

I do not know who youngsterm is, so get of your high horse mate, as you are completely wrong.

If I was up to something, so you not think perhaps I would have started a new thread?, rather than posting to one which has not had any new entries for some months?

Think what you like, but you are wrong.

Apr 22nd, 2005, 05:26 AM

Yes, I really do believe you, and I apologize. In retrospect I think it is just an odd coincidence that two different people both registered here and posted their first posts ever within minutes of each other on the exact same issue on the the exact same old thread that they just happened to find buried under thousands of old posts from the past three months with the exact same recommendation, and just happened to both give the exact same phone number wrong in the exact same way with the exact same extra zero in the exact same place. Sure -- I believe you.

Now if you excuse me there are some snowballs I have to go make in Hell. It froze over this morning.