Greek Island Honeymoon

Search

Greek Island Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greek Island Honeymoon

When we arrive in Athens on september 2, 2009, it will be the eve of our 3rd anniversary. It will also be the honeymoon we never took. We are both around 50 years old and will be spending 15 nights in Greece...so far we have the following thoughts. We would like to kayak 2 or 3 days, sail 1 or 2, hike and relax on the beach. Nightlife for a few nights will be enough. otherwise, a few great dinners and cafes where we could enjoy a nice glass of wine. Any help or suggestions would be welcomed.

Athens/some history/ 2 nights.
Fly to Santorini Sept 4 and stay 3 nights on the Caldera-Oia, Fira or Imerovigli? Suggestions for breathtaking lodging around EU 170- 250.
Sept 7 ferry to Antiparos 3 nights for kayaking and beaches.
The 10/11th undecided-another island, two days on a catamaran or extra night in either Santorini or skopelos.
We are thinking of spending 4-5 nights on skopelos for the beaches, hiking and town. Any good way to get to skopelos from the Cyclades Islands?
Fly home from Athens the 17th...tickets confirmed.
Anyway I'm done. Please add suggestions, and feel free to change the entire itiinerary with your thoughts, keeping in mind our desires as outlined above. We would be happy to rethink all of this with quality input.

Old Jan 25th, 2009, 09:16 AM

Hi

your itiinerary sound good. No need to change anything.
I would recommend you stay in Imerovigli you will be walking distance from Fira either via the main road or along the Caldera where you will be able to view just about everything. One of the most recommended hotels in your price range there is www.uranoshouses.com try contacting www.santoriniyachting.com for your evening sunset cruise.Your only problem is there is no way you can get direct from the Cyclades
to Skopelos. You will have to go via Athens either by bus to Volos and then a ferry or a flight, if not direct to Skopelos then Skiathos and then a boat to Skopelos. These two regions of Greece are hard to combine.
Another island to visit as long as you are in Antiparos will be Paros or Naxos.

Best of luck
Old Jan 25th, 2009, 09:32 AM

In Oia check Strogili Houses, Rimida Villas, Nostos Apartments, Kima Villas, Atrina, La Perla Villas, Delfini Hotel, Filotera Villas, Caldera Villas, Chelidonia Villas, Askpaki Suites, Fotinos Houses and Golden Sunset Villas. There are more but these will get you started.

A very good budget hotel right on the water on Antiparos is Mike's Place.

http://www.angelfire.com/super2/greece/antiparos.html
Old Jan 25th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Pakanfou-Thanks...the website www.uranoshouses.com looks absolutely stunning. Imerovigli may be a good choice for us. I like the fact that we can see the sunset from there. Still considering Oia though.Have bookmarked santoriniyachting.

BLL-Have e-mailed Mike's place. So far Delfini Hotel, Filotera Villas, Atlantida Villas or Golden Sunset Villas looks the best in our price range. Any preference if view and ambience were your main choices?
There is a full moon on the 4th...can we see this from our terrace, or should we go to another spot to view in Santorini?

You've both been great.

Old Jan 25th, 2009, 11:22 AM

Due to some very unethical business practices by the owner/manager I do not at this time recommend Atlantida Villas.

Delfini and Filotera are very close to each other and both offer an excellent view of the caldera. Because of their location Golden Sunset Villas have an unobstructed view of the sunset but a limited view into the caldera. I prefer a caldera view so I can sit on my balcony at any time of the day to see the activity in the caldera and the other villages. I enjoy watching the colors reflect on the white buildings as the colors in the sky change at sunset.

The full-moonrise is one of Santorini's best attractions if you have a view overlooking the caldera. In my opinion Oia is the best place to observe it.

As far as staying in Imerovigli is concerned, be advised that there are very few shops and restaurants there, and those in Fira are at least a mile away. Walking back to your hotel means an uphill climb. A rental car or scooter is a good way to avoid this.