Great place for 6 couples to stay in Paris in late August

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm coordinating a wine trip which will eventually end up in Bordeaux but we are spending 4 days/3 nights in Paris. I originally looked on VRBO for a rental but I would need 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. No luck there and B&Bs are not looking good because of their limited rooms. We plan on doing the standard tourist things so we would want to be near the center of Paris. Any ideas on rentals, B&Bs or other lodging?
Old Mar 8th, 2015, 05:01 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
If you want 6 bathrooms you'll have to stay in at a hotel - what is your budget?

>>spending 4 days/3 nights in Paris<<

3 nights nets you 2 days or at most 2 days and a few hours, not 4 days
Old Mar 8th, 2015, 05:25 PM

Try Paris Perfect!
Old Mar 8th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Original Poster

Budget is roughly 150-200eu per night per couple so 900-1200 eu per night.
Old Mar 8th, 2015, 05:57 PM

I do think you will need to opt for a hotel to get the 6 bedrooms/6 bathrooms. Choose any of the large hotels in central Paris that meet your budget.

Do you all have to stay in the same place? Why not let each couple choose their own lodging - hotel, apartment or BnB.
Old Mar 8th, 2015, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

I've been looking at hotels with the same thought in mind. I thought I would throw my problem out to this great set of minds
Old Mar 8th, 2015, 06:11 PM

Even if you could find a flat with 6 bedrooms/6 baths I think your budget may be unrealistic for something that large. You might find several flats in the same building but it seems a lot of hard work for such a short stay.

Many hotels with roooms in your price range. The ones I like (and am most familiar with) Hotel Clément (in budget) and Hotel Relais St. Germain (over budget) do not really have lounges large enough for 12 people to gather and I'm assuming that's a requirement. This will be an issue with many boutique hotels.

Some hotels might offer a reduced rate for a 6-room booking, worth asking. You may want to try the Holiday Inn on the Place de la Républic and the Marriott Rive Gauche, Blvd St. Jacques. Larger hotels working with more inventory can sometimes be flexible for a multi-room booking and August is before business travel starts up again in earnest.

I'd also have a look on booking.com where you can narrow in on price. With a short time in Paris, you would want to be fairly close in. I prefer the 5th or 6th arr but public transport is so good you can look throughout central Paris.
Old Mar 8th, 2015, 06:44 PM

Check out booking.com. You can filter by price and they have a great map so you can see where each hotel would be. I've used them many times and it always works out well. I find the reviews very reliable.
Old Mar 8th, 2015, 06:45 PM

Check out booking.com. You can filter by price and they have a great map so you can see where each hotel would be. I've used them many times and it always works out well. I find the reviews very reliable.
Old Mar 9th, 2015, 12:51 AM

It's really simple - what you want doesn't exist, as far as apartments in Paris go. It's a non-issue, so move on and don't waste the little time you have before August gets here.

Find a nice hotel in the center of Paris (4th, 6th arrondissements), rent as many rooms as you need, everyone will have one full bathroom and a comfortable bed and they will be happy.

As far as "lounge areas" - what the hell do you need that for? Why not agree to meet in a charming cafe or restaurant? Isn't that what people come to Paris for?
Old Mar 9th, 2015, 01:37 AM

I'll second the suggestion of the Marriott Rive Gauche, which has a fully lobby with a bar, and I can fully understand your desire for one if you are traveling in a group. There are also cafes around if you prefer, and you are within walking distance of many restaurants, plus easy metro connections. I would also ask about the possibility of a discount for a six-room booking, and even if you search on booking.com or other similar websites, I suggest contacting the hotels directly to ask about a group discount rate.
Old Mar 9th, 2015, 06:34 AM

manouche, I made the assumption that the six couples might want a hotel with bar or lounge to gather before dinner, for example, so don't have a go at the OP.

"Charming" café waiters aren't usually over-eager to pull together seating for 12 or for even half that number, IME.
Old Mar 9th, 2015, 08:41 AM

I'd suggest looking at two of the apartments here: http://www.parisvacationapartments.c...three-bedroom/

The two apartments in the Palais Royal should suffice for 12 people.