Goodbye from this side of the Atlantic.

Sep 1st, 2010, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Goodbye from this side of the Atlantic.

Well, it's the beginning of the big London adventure. We're flying off this afternoon and will be in London tomorrow morning and, assuming all is OK here at home, will be there till mid-December. We're leaving at a stressful time for both of us -- health concerns in both of our families -- but trust that we're leaving our loved ones in good hands and we'll phone and Skype often.

Thanks to everyone for answering my millions of questions but don't think you're finished yet! I'm sure I'll have questions daily. I sent home a bunch of fodors threads but I'm having trouble opening them. Oh well, at least I've got the thread titles and can do a search.

I'll see you from the other side of the Atlantic!

gtg
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:12 AM

Good luck taking off today GTG. It's so hot. The air will be unstable. Maybe some thunderstorms.

Don't mean to worry you though.
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Oh cold, honey, I'm already so stressed out that a thunderstorm would be mild by comparison. The temp in London is a nice comfy 25C. Thanks for your good wishes, though.
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:31 AM

<<< Good luck taking off today GTG. It's so hot. >>>

Not in Edinburgh where it feels like - well - September. The air is still, the sun is warm but there is a feeling autumn is on the way
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

That's ok with me. It's blazing here. I love the summer but I've packed mostly fall clothes, so a little autumn weather is a good thing.
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:43 AM

Have a wonderful trip!
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:47 AM

gtg: Hope you and your SO have a beautiful time, and when you return in Dec. (no complications!), we'll all have dinner.

Green with envy!
J
Sep 1st, 2010, 01:00 PM

You are now in the air and I wish you two a comfortable flight, goddesstogo, along with a very beautiful and satisfying three plus months in GB. May your apartment and the location be as nice as you anticipate and may you both come home with wonderful memories. And of course may the ill family members be well taken care of while you are gone. You both deserve this special time in your life so enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
Sep 1st, 2010, 01:11 PM

Looking forward to meeting up! Safe travels and welcome to the UK!
Sep 3rd, 2010, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Hi everyone,
We're here! Thanks for all your good wishes. I'm going to start a thread about our stay here as a sort of ongoing trip report. See you there.
gtg
Sep 3rd, 2010, 07:43 AM

Best of luck gtg (H), and glad that you made it over safe and sound. Looking fwd to your updates and wishing you a fruitful, restful and enjoyable mini-sabbatical. Make the most and the best of it in your own time. Will miss seeing you at this year's GTG (not sure if I can make it this year though).

All the best

M