Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Good, reasonably priced restaurant in or near Annecy?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bonjour! I've got another group going to France and we'll be staying in a gite near Annecy (about halfway between Lac d'Annecy and Lac du Bourget) June 10-17. I'm looking for suggestions for 3 dinners in or near Annecy. My criteria: 1) a menu in the 20-30 euro range 2) a good choice of dishes (one of our group is vegetarian) 3) a place large enough to easily accommodate 8 people - indoors or out 4) somewhere we can reach within a half-hour or less drive (probably means Annecy or eastern side of the lake) and, of course, good food!

On my short list at the moment: Auberge de Savoie, La Ciboulette, Le Lilas Rose, Le Ramoneur Savoyard, Le Superpanorama, La Taverne de Maitre Kanter. Any comments on these or other recommendations?

Merci beaucoup!
Old May 15th, 2006, 07:21 AM

When we're in the vicinity of Annecy we always try to stop at Au Lilas Rose for the raclette, which would be a not-too-expensive meal that works well for a mixed group of carnivores and vegetarians.
Old May 15th, 2006, 07:36 AM

La Taverne de Maitre Kanter is a chain restaurant, IMO nothing special, but I'm sure it would be large enough to cater for your party. And they definitely do (or used to do) veggie-friendly food as I ate at a branch in Lyon with a vegetarian friend. Also, the food is mainly Alsatian rather than Savoyard, so not really typical of Annecy.

I'm afraid I can't comment on any other places you mention - although I've eaten at lots of restaurants in Annecy (been there many times), I can't remember the names of any! In most of these places, I usually just order tartiflette and a glass of Savoyard red wine (Mondeuse) and I'm happy
Old May 15th, 2006, 08:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I heard the Savoyarde restaurant on the lake was good for groups.
Old May 15th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all three of you. Good to know you enjoy Au Lilas Rose, FlyFish. Hanl, I know that MK is a chain and specializes in Alsatian food. Thought that might be a nice change. (I love choucroute!) I wasn't quite sure what tartiflette was so I looked up the recipe. Sounds delicious (although I guess my vegetarian wouldn't go fo it, since it contains bacon.) Mimi, do you think that is the same place as Le Ramoneur Savoyard?

Anybody else?
Old May 16th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Original Poster

ttt - hoping for a few more responses.
Old May 19th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Giving it one more try. Is my budget too low for Annecy? I might also consider other places around the lake or in Aix-les-Bains or even Chambery.
Thanks again.
Old May 19th, 2006, 08:44 AM

Betty, can't give you any help here other than urging you to keep the thread alive as we will be in Annecy in August and would love some dining suggestions. Good luck with your research. Deborah