Reload this Page >

Good, reasonable hotel in Sevilla for family of four

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2001, 01:46 PM
Anne

I've been reading alot of information about Sevilla hotels and getting increasingly more confused. Do any of you have recommendations for hotel accomodations for a family of four. The Alfonso looks wonderful but quite expensive. A hotel with suites that have two bedrooms would be great!

Old May 22nd, 2001, 02:49 PM
Maribel

Anne, <BR>This is really a job for our Forum resident sevillano, Pedro, but here are a few options that come to mind. <BR> <BR>The inexpensive Hosteleria del Laurel on the atmospheric Plaza de los Venerables deep in the Santa Cruz quarter has family quads (but not 2 bedrooms) that go for around 17,000 pts. <BR>ww.sol.com/host-laurel/ <BR>(there's a clickable email). <BR> <BR>and also this from Sandra Guftafson's Cheap Sleeps in Spain (2000), which I underlined because I didn't even know of them: "Also on the same Plaza are the Santa Cruz Apartamentos-Suites with American style kitchens, washer and dryer, large baths with big tubs, lots of light, plenty of sink space. Nothing is left to chance in the brightly colored living areas, modern furnishings with a smattering of Spanish antiques, even a large work space in case you need to sit up a mini-office. They're owned by Ramon del Pazo, who manages them with the help of his graciously charming daughter. They operate the restaurant next door..." <BR>See them at <BR>www.sol.com/apartamentos/santacruz/body.htm <BR> <BR>Another option would be the sister aparthotels, Patio de la Cartuja and Patio de la Alameda in the Macarena district, but again, not with two separate bedrooms but rather 1 bedroom and sitting rm with sofa bed , and they're a 15-20 min walk from the Plaza Nueva. They were built for the Expo, and John, I believe, has stayed at the Cartuja and posted on it, if you can find his post of quite a while ago. These two are member of Estancias de Espana, a kind of poor man's Parador system. <BR>See these at <BR>www.estancias.com <BR> <BR>http://www.travel-in-spain.com/hotel...ja/spanish.htm <BR> <BR>http://www.sol.com/apartamentos/pati...villa/info.htm <BR> <BR>Hope this gets you started and that Pedro will weigh in soon! <BR>

Old May 22nd, 2001, 03:16 PM
John

Actually stayed at both the Cartuja and Alameda - nice properties, the Cartuja nicer IMO, with a good breakfast and - wonder of wonders - a parking garage. Both appear to bee older buildings converted to hotels, but it might be that they were built more recently and made to look more traditional. (If so, good job.) As Maribel says, about a 20 min. walk from the Plaza, shorter to the river or the bullfights if that's your thing. Interesting area, close to a street market. Our rooms would have certainly accommodated 4; there were a number of families staying in both properties.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 03:35 PM
Maribel

Thanks, John1 I was going to copy your original post, which I actually saved! Yes, they're both 19th c buildings that were reconverted tp apt. hotels for Expo. The Alameda was an old hospital. <BR>Anne, <BR>Also in the Macarena neighborhood you might look at Hotel San Gil, which has suites/apts. and a little rooftop pool. <BR>www.sol.com/hotel/san-gil/body.htm

Old May 22nd, 2001, 05:45 PM
Rhonda

Another good place to look is madridman.com

Old May 23rd, 2001, 12:10 PM
Pedro

To sum up, these could be the best options: <BR> <BR>Patio de la Cartuja <BR> <BR>San Gil <BR> <BR>Apartamentos Sta Cruz <BR> <BR>Fernando III <BR> <BR>Hosteria del Laurel <BR> <BR>Casa Imperial <BR> <BR>Macarena neighbourhood ( A bit far from Sevilla centre )---- Melia Confort Macarena/ San Gil. <BR> <BR>Good luck with your searching! <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 06:58 PM
paul

During our stay at a timeshare in Costa Del Sol, we the family of four are planning a visit to Seville and stay overnight at Hosteleria del Laurel. It being in the pedestrian only zone and since we are planning to drive there, I would need some recommendations for safe overnight parking area.