Reload this Page >

Good luck Turkey

Search

Good luck Turkey

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 03:06 PM
martin.livinsgtone

Good luck Turkey

Good luck to Turkey in the World Cup semi.<BR><BR>I visited Turkey last year and your Taxi service has got to be the cheapest in the civilised world!!!!

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:36 AM
murat

Thanks for the wishes Martin. We will need some luck too definately.<BR><BR>Yes taxis are quite cheep in Turkey but is that the only highlight of your experience in Turkey you can remember ?<BR)<BR><BR>cheers<BR><BR>Murat

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:46 AM
weder

Taxis cheap? After you get done paying $90 per couple for entry visas, $70 per couple to see Topaki, $50 for Aya Sofia, cheap taxis don't seem like such a bargain

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:06 AM
abc

TO: weder ([email protected])<BR>You are such a POOR BABY WEDER. You know what you are not paying $70 for your visa. YOU ARE PAYING $130 WITH YOUR POOR VIFE Because Turkish Goverment Increase the visa fee since JUNE 1st. You and vife NEVER and EVER SEEN TURKEY IN YOUR LIFE. POOR WEDER<BR><BR>ABC

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 01:10 AM
murat

water is cheap and even free & champagne is expensive and there are other varieties in between !<BR>so you drink what you wish.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 02:53 PM
abc

HEY WEBER,<BR><BR>Here is the answer from another form. I am sure that you can spend some of your money in turkey.<BR><BR>"Chris-u(babadan apts) <BR>aparts are nice and clean, well situated, icemeler is beautiful, one tip though dont take travellers cheques take sterling you get more for your english pounds, look around for best places to eat good one called Mondu chicken like kfc &pound;2.00 for a whole chicken and 50pence a pint, cant remember name of resteraunt first one you come to on you,re left from aparts say hello to memet and gengis from paige, if you want anymore info you cane email me direct on [email protected]. we enjoyed it so much are booking up for september<BR>"<BR>"&pound;2.00 for a whole chicken" WHOLE CHICKEN WEBER, TOU CAN NOT BUY IN YOUR COUNTRY.<BR><BR>DID YOU GET IT?<BR>ABC

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 12:43 PM
carol

To answer Murat's question to Martin...<BR>- Seeing the gulls flying in the lights of the minarets of the Blue Mosque in the moonlight while listening to a Kiwi opera singer sing Puccini at the Sultan Hostel pub.<BR>- The dome of Aya Sofia... no one else approached this architecture for another 500 years!<BR>- The wonderfully kind people, especially "the boys" who worked at Ishakpasha hotel.<BR>- Wishing hawkers would realize we did not want to buy a carpet.<BR>- Adana beyti.<BR>- Efes pilsen.<BR>- The Bosporus.<BR>- Topkapi palace, especially the fountains and the Harem.<BR>- The crew of the "Sunshine Boat" in Marmaris.<BR>- Fairy chimneys.<BR>- The children who loved practising their English with us.<BR>- The discount clothing stores.<BR>- Meals and flights dirt cheap.<BR><BR>The visa and entry fees cost as much as a meal in the US. You only pay them once. Figure it out.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 12:46 PM
murat

Heyy Carol,<BR>Great memory you have. I am glad to hear your list of memories... <BR><BR>I am surrounded with those fairy chimneys.<BR><BR>A big thank you for sharing your impressions...<BR><BR>take care