Reload this Page >

Good list of tours in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 10:25 PM
Skootre

I've been looking for tips on things to do in Paris, and where I can book them ahead of time online. Last time we were in Florence we had a terrible experience, waiting in line for hours at the museums. So this time we decided to book ahead.

Long story short, we booked all of our tours and activities in Paris at www.viator.com and had a great experience. The prices were good, the tours were excellent, and booking online was fast & easy. I sound like a commercial, I know, but really our experience was so good that I wanted to share it.

There were two tours that were especially good: a gourmet food walking tour (http://www.viator.com/tours/Paris/Pa.../d1010-3234PGT) and one called "Casual Cooking with the Countess" (http://www.viator.com/tours/Paris/Ca...s/d479-3061CAS) which was a semi-private cooking class. Both were marvellous experiences.

Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 10:49 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Sure you did

Of course, you registered just to post these links to a fairly lame website. Advertising isn't allowed on Fodors and especially not when you pose as "satisfied" customers.

Call me cynical - but smells fishy to me. (And who would book all their activities in Paris anyway?? Most museums/sites don't need to be pre-booked)
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skootre ...... we seem to have had exact opposite experiences. We had some really good experiences in Florence, and rarely waited in line for anything.

However, in Paris we booked some tours with Viator and found them to be boring, expensive and in general a waste time. As far as Casual Cooking With the Countess, that too was a waste of time, as I already knew how to prepare spam and eggs.

If you want to post commercials in future, you should always begin with ..."I have just discovered the most wonderful web site ......."

Never understate Fodorites!

Nina

Old Sep 24th, 2006, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P.S. ... two words to avoid waiting in line at Paris museums ...... Museum Passes.
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Skootre

Thanks for being so suspicious! I guess people on this forum have been spammed too many times. A shame.

All I can say is, I *did* like that company. If you find somebody else that does something similar, and that you trust, good on you!