Good Hotel nearCDG

Aug 6th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Original Poster

Good Hotel nearCDG

Daughter must pick up a very early plane at CDG and will be coming in from Normandy the day before. She wants to be as close as possible and able to pick up a shuttle to the airport. Thanks Loads
Aug 6th, 2005, 03:53 AM

The Sofitel CDG is a nice hotel and very handy for the airport. But what's her budget?
http://www.sofitel.com/sofitel/fiche...he_hotel.shtml
Aug 6th, 2005, 04:03 AM

There is an Ibis there. They are always clean and reasonable.
Aug 6th, 2005, 04:38 AM

..I agree with Gretchen. All airport hotels IMO are just a quiet place to stay. Providing they are quiet, I have no other concerns. They are all close to the airport and none have any "charm" so one is as good as the other so I tend to go for the price.
Aug 6th, 2005, 07:06 AM

We had the same needs just a few weeks ago and stayed at the Hilton at CDG. Very nice and comfortable. We got a reasonable rate online that included breakfast. The shuttle was very easy. I can recommend with no hesitation.
Aug 6th, 2005, 07:22 AM

If I were coming from Normandy, it would be by train, so I would be in Paris the day before leaving.

Staying in any hotel downtown along the RER B will allow one to get to CDG-TGV2 in about the same time as an airport hotel's shuttle.

Airport hotels are for freshening up on short layovers. Hotels in St-Germain and the Latin Quarter are for one's last night in Paris.
Aug 6th, 2005, 07:49 AM

Two years ago we stayed at the CDG Hilton....good location and close (a little pricy, however). However, the shuttle from there wasn't really fast (we were very close though, so it didn't take long once the shuttle was ready to go), but I agree that probably staying at a hotel close to/on the RER B line would get you there in good time with a little planning.
Aug 6th, 2005, 07:51 AM

Avoid the Comfort Inn near the airport. It was very cheap, but not worth it. It was dirty (clearly the room had not been cleaned...sheets were dirty, used towels in the bathroom). The front desk couldn't grasp that I needed clean sheets...I had to strip the bed, bring them downstairs, and insist that they give me clean ones. Definitely not the standard Comfort Inns I have stayed at all over the US. I agree that staying by the airport is worth it for an early am flight..she can take the train into the city for a final night, then back to sleep for a few hours before her flight.

Anne
Aug 6th, 2005, 08:32 AM

One of the things I liked about the Sofitel in comparison to some of the budget options is the presence of a good on-site restaurant. If I'm staying at an airport hotel in order to catch an early flight, I prefer to dine at the hotel.
The Sofitel is located between aerogares 1 and 2. I highly doubt that the RER would get to the airport terminal from downtown Paris (plus the time needed to get from the hotel to the RER) as quickly as the Sofitel shuttle.
Aug 6th, 2005, 09:45 AM

Some airport hotel shuttles take less time, some take more. It's only a question of a few minutes one way or the other.

The downtown hotels I have in mind would be within a block of Luxembourg, St-Michel, Châtelet, and Gare du Nord.

Twenty minutes or forty minutes: it's tout égale to me - and I don't have to get to the airport hotel before I can go to bed.

The downside: the first train doesn't arrive at TGV2 until 5:30 (and that only from Gare du Nord).
Aug 6th, 2005, 10:04 AM

Check out this thread, too: http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...Paris+Hotel%22
Aug 6th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

She is an unemployed student so in the 50-80Euro range(I'm paying) Thanks for the Ibis suggestion have stayed at them are great
Aug 6th, 2005, 12:53 PM

The Ibis at CDG is a scene of chaos. The Novotel (100 yards away, on the other side of the RER station) is much much better and is often no more expensive. Both are operated by accor and the best rates are usually at accor.com . To use their website, you need to know that CDG is in roissy-en-france.
Aug 6th, 2005, 01:12 PM

In a similar situation about a month ago, I booked a room at a hotel (New Hotel Gare du Nord at40, rue de Saint Quentin) literally across the street from the gare du Nord and it worked out swimmingly. The room was not large but OK and very clean - in fact they were completing a renovation so everything was nice and clean.
The earlliest RER from GdN arrives at CDG about 0530, if that works for her departure time.
I have also stayed at the CEDG Ibis and that was fine, too, though I really prefer to spend my last evening in town.
Aug 6th, 2005, 02:06 PM

I would also prefer to spend my night in Paris but the person is coming from Normandy. CDG is sort of "on the way".
Aug 6th, 2005, 02:10 PM

If the person coming from Normandy is driving, then CDG is sort of "on the way" (Normandy is northwest of Paris, Roissy is northeast).

But if she's taking the train, she will come in at Gare St-Lazare, which is not.
Aug 7th, 2005, 04:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all. Please if any more ideas/suggestions all are greatly accepted and appreciated
Does anyone know if the service out to CDG is different Sunday Mornings?
Aug 7th, 2005, 05:28 AM

The Saturday/Sunday/Holiday schedule is different, but the earliest trains to CDG are at the same times as weekdays. You can download the entire schedule from ratp.fr by clicking:

Horaires
B and Tous les horaires (Valider)
Aéroport Charles de Gaulle, Samedi etc(Valider)
Aug 23rd, 2005, 03:41 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for help
Daughter has booked the Ibis at CDG
Will let you know how it went. (She is a student on a limited budget so Hilton was out-actually it would br out for me too!) She has to be near the airport for that very early flight!
Aug 23rd, 2005, 06:35 AM

Just one more name to add to the list-- we were very happy with the Mercure at CDG when we stayed last October. At the time we paid 93 euros. I just priced it for an upcoming trip and the best rate was 160 euros, so we're staying at the Ibis. But I would definitely recommend the Mercure if you could get a better deal.