Good Hotel for 2 College Girls in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 04:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My niece and her friend will be in Paris for a few days.

Any suggestions as to a decent clean Hotel/B&B ? No frills needed, but clean and pleasant, good area with nearby restaurants, cafes, good access to transportation. Preferably some staff that speak English, as they speak limited French.

Thinking 80-130 euros/night

Thanks, we have never been to Paris, I have no clue which would be a good area!
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 04:12 AM

Here's what I posted on your other thread with the same subject.

I thought they were going to stay in hostels?

Just because a hotel isn't in the 4, 5, 6 or 7 arrondissement doesn't mean it's not a good place.

Can you give us the name of the hotel they have already booked that you think is not acceptable? That would give responders a clue to what you think is good or not good.

Everyplace in Paris has good access to restaurants, cafes and transportation.

http://www.hoteldulys.com/

If you would search on this board you can find threads such as these to give you recommmendations.

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...ank-thread.cfm

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...ank-thread.cfm
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 04:36 AM

Why stay in a small hostal room when they can have a whole apartment? try vrbo.com or holiday-rentals.com.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 04:39 AM

<< Thanks, we have never been to Paris, I have no clue which would be a good area! >>

Then how do you know the hotel they booked is not in a good area?
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:41 AM

My son stayed at the Young and Happy Hostel in the 5th (Latin Quarter, near student life)
http://www.youngandhappy.fr/

He and his friends had a blast there and said it was the perfect location, but I don't think they were very discriminating about the actual accommodations.

--

I just stayed in the reasonably priced Le Hostellerie du Marais - my favorite location in Paris, small rooms but spotless, in a charming old building 1/2 block from the Place de Vosgues, but I'm not sure whether this area would be as fun for college students.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:33 AM

This sort of question appears from time to time, so I will repeat an essential piece of advice: Butt out. Moms and aunts should not be organizing young adults' travel, even if they ask for it. Those who do the travel will benefit from doing the research, especially once they are travelling and must cope with day-to-day events. Sorry, your heart is in the right place, but this is a good situation for tough love.
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:54 AM

I agree Southam. Or at most, the parent (aunt?!) should be a sounding board with the traveler doing the work. I can just imagine some kind of problem arising when during the trip, and the traveler being too naive to know what to do. That may not be the case here, but certain could happen.
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 03:33 AM
Original Poster

They have been doing their own research, went to Rome, did fine, a few nights in Dublin staying at a Hostel (looks fine)

They have handled their other arrangements, financial, transport, sightseeing etc. They are benefiting from all of this.

Both her parents and I have somewhat serious reservations about where they booked in Paris, that's all.