Reload this Page >

Golfing in France..

Search

Golfing in France..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2005, 12:07 PM
TahitiTams

Golfing in France..

We will be in France for the month of September and my husband and I love to play golf.. We will be in Paris and the South of France..Any course recommendations? Should we bring the clubs? We will be renting a car. We would love to play at least twice a week...How are green fees compared to the US?
Thanks for all your help!

Old Feb 14th, 2005, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My husband brought his clubs b/c he plays left-handed (or whatever is "opposite&quot and figured it would be difficult to count on rentals.

We didn't have a car, so he trained out to a town with a course (there are none inside Paris) and then took a taxi to the clubhouse (and reverse). There are a lot of 9-hole courses, and some private ones, too. I'll look up where to get a map (Federation du Golf or something like that) that flags all the courses.

He played at Golf de Nationale (St Quentin-en-Yvelines), Disney, and the local course at Trappes; while on a bus tour he played in Monaco, and somewhere around Perigeux.

There are lots of websites that list golf courses in France, some pointing you to specific course websites. I would say the average greens fee was 25-35 at lesser-known courses and 40-55 at better-known courses. I recall that the preferred custom is to pull your clubs (or carry them) rather than having the motorized carts, but I could be wrong.

I thought it was pretty cool that golf is the "same" everywhere - no one likes hitting into the water, and the whole setup just feels familiar.

Here is something:
http://www.ffg.org/Ffgaccueil/index.asp
Click on "Ou jouer?" to get a new window. Click on "ville", then choose "Paris" and "rechercher". That will give you a list of 77 courses showing individual websites.
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 01:18 PM

One of my fondest memories is standing on the pinnacle at Les Baux and watching the golfers, the size of ants, below. I don't know the name of the course but it was a memorable sight. Once you have decided where you will stay in the South of France, you can usually find golf courses in guidebooks.
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 01:20 PM

I'm not a golfer, but Chantilly, 40 minutes north of Paris from the Gare du Nord, or more precisely Vineuil-St. Firmin, has a very nice course, and I recollect from when we regularly went there that nonmembers could play. Chantilly also has a charming chateau, and Senlis, about 15 minutes from Chantilly, is one of the nicest towns in France, with winding cobbled streets and very well preserved houses from the 17th to 19th century.
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 10:58 PM
TahitiTams

Thanks Travelnut and Dave in Paris..
Really appreciate it!
Disney & Chantilly would work well.

Old Feb 15th, 2005, 07:17 AM

You can drive to the courses at Disney, or take RER and then a shuttle bus... (obviously, car is better).

Disney Golf:
http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/golf/index.htm

Chantilly Golf:
Chantilly Golf Club
Allee de la Menagerie 60500 Chantilly
Tel : (03) 44 57 04 43
Fax : (03) 44 57 26 54

Seem to be a number of them, actually:
http://www.drivelinegolf.com/pages/f...y.htm#-Ourgolf
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 07:18 AM

That should read:
http://www.drivelinegolf.com/pages/france_chantilly.htm # ourgolf

- close the 2 spaces I inserted before and after the # sign
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 07:46 AM

there are quite a few golf in the south of france. there was a thread about that last summer; maybe you can find it with a search of this site. i posted some information at that time but didn't keep a record of it.