Eric Erickson - Paris france

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got to thinking about Paris again. Some time ago (years, in fact), there was a gentleman, an American, who lived in Paris, was a cartoonist, had a blog ... and met with other visitors on Thursdays in a restaurant near the Pont Neuf. Does anyone remember the correct spelling of his name? Does he still write? Since my life has straightened out...I've set my sights back to France.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 09:29 AM

Are you talking about Ric Erickson? He used to hold a weekly meeting in a cafe near the Pont Neuf, as I recall. He's moved to the South of France and used to update from there, but I don't think the website is current now. You can persuse old issues, though.

http://www.metropoleparis.com/about.html

Rick Tulka is an American artist (a cartoonist for Mad Magazine) who illustrated The Select Crowd, about Le Select, a Montparnasse Cafe. I don't think he has get togethers, but last I knew, he did live in Paris.

http://www.ricktulka.com/

Sandy
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 09:34 AM

I'm sure you mean Ric Erickson, he moved some years ago. I think some of his very old notes are still online, you can read them http://www.metropoleparis.com/

I always really enjoyed reading his articles, he had a very interesting writing style.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

YOU ARE CORRECT! Ric Erickson! I met with his group a couple of times, was in pictures to prove it. Moved to le Midi, huh? ..Lucky him.
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 03:46 PM

Putting too fine a point on it, but Ric Erickson is Canadian, not American, and he is in the P-O, (S.E. FR), rather than "South of France." Finally married the woman called VGF--andis likely eating lots of tiny sardines and learning to speak Catalan Salut, Rico!
Old May 10th, 2013, 06:49 AM

OOPS! Was thinking while standing on my head--make that S.WEST France (the P-O), not S.E.!