Reload this Page >

going in september

Search

going in september

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 01:51 PM
lmm

going in september

my wife and i are going to ireland sept.1 - sept.9. we have our first night booked in wicklow and plan to stay in dublin our last two nights. now for the big question(s): 1)being the adventurous types if we travel throughout ireland without making prior reservations for lodging should we have any problems finding places to stay that time of year? 2) we're considering several palces in dublin the ariel house, the morgan hotel, isaacs. any suggestions or comments,

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Mikey

Book Dublin NOW!!!! It is always full and crowded. Otherwise you will always be able to find someplace it just might not be the ones with the best view, close to towns and site etc. If all else fails try the tourist info office and they will book for a small charge.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Dan

I've heard of the book "Now" for Dublin and we did. We booked our first night in Galway and one other place (only because we really wanted to stay there), but everything else we are leaving to chance. If you look at Doolin for example, there's three pubs, two rest. and 85 B&B's. You'll find something, and I like the idea of getting to a town, parking and walking around looking for a place. You can walk most towns in 1/2 hour, so it's not like walking around Chicago looking for a place to stay. Most pubs own B&B's, so stop in enjoy a pint and ask the bartenter where they'd stay in town. They will almost always recommend a good place, close by. Have a blast!!!

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 10:09 AM
bill

With that length of stay, spend only one night in Dublin. There is too much else to see.<BR><BR>Bill

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 01:52 PM
MLR

We just got back a couple days ago. Stayed at The Morgan in Dublin, and loved it. The Temple Bar location is great (though a bit loud). Really cool, clean, modern-funky rooms. <BR>