getting to hotel from train station

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2007, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm lucky enough to be staying at the Danieli on an upcoming visit. I will be taking the train to Venice, but I have no idea how one gets to the hotel from the train station. Can anyone give me some suggestions?
Old Oct 1st, 2007, 11:33 AM
ira

Hi T,

You will get more responses if you repost and include Venice in your title.

My advice is to contact the Danieli.

Old Oct 1st, 2007, 11:38 AM

Nice try "travel info" but I think that virgi is still tops. See http://tinyurl.com/2yufhw.
Old Oct 1st, 2007, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Thank Ira. I'll try working through the Danieli. I don't know how to change my post title so . . . if the danieli doesn't have an answer I'll repost with a better title.
Old Oct 1st, 2007, 02:00 PM

http://www.hoteldanielivenice.com/hotel_location.htm

How to get to The Danieli Hotel Venice in Italy:

By Train - The Danieli Hotel is near Piazza San Marco which is at the far end of the Grand Canal. Unfortunately or fortunately as the case may be if arriving by train you must take the water bus or a water taxi the length of the grand canal before arriving at the Hotel Danieli. Venice Island's main railway station is called Santa Lucia (do not alight at Venice Mestre train station which is the stop before Venice Island.) Upon exiting Santa Lucia railway station you will see the Grand Canal. To reach the Danieli Hotel you can either hire a private water taxi which are available from the waterfront immediately outside the railway station or you can take a Vaporetto or Water Bus no. 51 which pass frequently and only in one direction. The Vaporetto water bus takes 22 minutes to reach the hotel and you should alight at the 4th stop Zaccaria. Alternatively private transfers with a hostess can also be organized. Please contact the hotel Danieli Concierge for further information.
Old Oct 1st, 2007, 04:03 PM

You can catch a water taxi (a beautiful wooden motor launch) right next to the train station that will take you to the dock directly attached to the Danieli - rather than the public dock. It will hold at least 4 people plus luggage - for somewhere in the range of $80.

A great introduction to Venice to take a boat down the Grand Canal.

(Can also be dome by vaporetto for less - if you don;t mind hauling luggage onto a crowded boat - but since you're staying at the Danieli I assume money is not an issue).