Reload this Page >

Getting Married in Greece

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Heather

Help! My Fiance and I want to plan a wedding in Greece. All we want is a very small wedding on the beach. Very laid-back and sun-drenched. We would prefer not to go through a planner,we would rather spend our money on something else. So, we need to know where (in Greece) we can find an English-speaking minister to marry us. Any advice or websites concerning this would be VERY appreciated! We've tried everything and looked everywhere with no luck. Help if you can, this is our dream! Thanks!

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:20 AM
xxx

The new (May 2002) issues of Frommers' Budget Travel magazine has "anti-weddings", including a bit on getting married in Greece on a budget. Might be worth the few $$$ to purchase a copy (it isn't online yet).

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Diane

I looked at the website for the hotel I stayed at on Santorini a few years ago. They have a section on getting married at their hotel and list some things needed.<BR><BR>www.sunrocks.gr<BR><BR>Check with the hotel you're staying at and I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Tricia

Go to greektravel.com Matt Barrett has a lot of info. I don't think you will be able to be married in a religious service unless you are both greek orthodox but a civil one can be done. Many hotels in Santorini offer wedding services and you really couldn't find a more place than that. Good Luck!

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 02:34 PM
CB

Heather,<BR><BR>While I don't have experience with this YET. My fiance and I are getting married in Greece this September (Santorini). Our hotel (Esperas) is coordinating everything for us at a price of approximately $900 USD. It includes a professional photographer, the ceremonist, flowers, champagne and all the paperwork that must be done on that end. (There is a lot of paperwork hassel--be sure to check the Greek consulate website for more info). I thought this was a good deal. The ceremony will take place at our hotel at sunset with a view of the sea (not on a beach). We are REALLY looking forward to this and hope you find the info. you are looking for. Good luck!<BR>CB

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 02:52 PM
sue

I know nothing about this, but I spent a delightful afternoon in and by the pool at the Esperas on Santorini, with a mother of a bride. She was there by herself recuperating from the daughter's wedding on Paros. This is an American couple. The wedding sounded absolutlely wonderful. 80 people from the US flew over for the festivities. I guess there was a party every night for about 5 nights. It all seemed so much more exciting than our local hotels etc. I am sure it will be wonderful.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 12:21 AM
Paige

We got married in Greece in 2000! You can send me an e-mail if you want and I'll try to help you as much as I can.

Old May 24th, 2004, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we are getting married at sunrocks santorini on 05/05/05 anyone sugest a good restaurant we are looking at vanilia ;any info on sunrocks and area ;places to go etc regards debs.
Old May 24th, 2004, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Former Fodorite Paige, did this a couple of years ago. I'll see if I can get her to check in here and help you out.

There was also some discussion on it on www.explorecrete.com within the last few months of their message bord. It would be worth having a look. Yannis, the webmaster, is pretty good too.