Getting from Paris airport at night

Sep 15th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Original Poster

Getting from Paris airport at night

Hi guys,
I'm arriving to Paris CDG airport at midnight. How do I get to Paris (Monmartre area) for the cheapest possible price?
I don't want to take a taxi
Sep 15th, 2006, 01:59 AM

And, I assume by the time you clear authorities, collect your luggage, etc., it will be even later, is that right?
Sep 15th, 2006, 03:18 AM
Original Poster

Yes, We'll finish with luggage and customs probably at 1 am
Sep 15th, 2006, 04:20 AM

It would be silly not to take a taxi at that hour. Make up the extra money spent elsewhere
Sep 15th, 2006, 04:27 AM

I'm not sure why you have ruled out a taxi, but it would seem like your best option to me. Montmartre is a cheaper ride than central locations in Paris. The RER may not be an option, based on the time you are going to be ready to leave. Montmartre is the kind of neighborhood where it would be good to be dropped off at the door at that time of night. If the Air France bus is still running, you could combo that with a taxi, but there may be little or no savings because you say "we", meaning there is more than one person involved. Ditto for a shuttle and the last thing I would want to do at that time of night is mess with a shuttle. My advice: get over it and take a taxi. The last time I took one from CDG to Montmartre it was around 25 Euros.
Sep 15th, 2006, 05:00 AM

...and I can't imagine that traffic would be as big of an issue at 1am so the taxi will be less expensive than if you were to take one midday.
Sep 15th, 2006, 05:21 AM

The official cheapest option after midnight would be one of the Noctilien buses (www.noctilien.com). The N120 and the N121 go from CDG to Paris once an hour and cost 5 metro tickets (5.45 € at carnet price or 7 € if you buy the tickets from the driver). There are a lot more Noctilien routes once you are in the city.

A taxi meter will indeed be spinning like a top on the "C" tariff if you take it from CDG at night, but unless you are particularly intrepid, you might want to consider it anyway. Or, of course, you can take a taxi (at the "B" tariff) after taking the bus into town.
Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:07 PM

hi, Does anyone know if I'd take the N61 on the Noctilien to Gare Montparnasse, then to Hotel de Ville-de Velizy if I want to get from CDG to Hotel de Ville metro? Where do I fing it at CDG?
Thanks!!
Dawn
Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:29 PM

And why do you not want to take a taxi?
Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:41 PM

dawnie
Hotel de Ville-de Velizy is in Velizy, not in Paris (Velizy being a southern suburb of Pars)
FYI "Hotel de Ville" means "townhouse"