Getting from Airport to Hotel in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the best way to get from CDG to Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel on 39 Avenue de Wagram, Paris 75017? Mom traveling with luggage and 12year old girl. How much should it be and should I book online ahead of time? Arriving Sunday, March 6th at 6:20am.
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 04:30 AM

Take a taxi. Go out the taxi queue and get in. Have your hotel written out with the address, and maybe a map. It will be about 45E. Easy, no hassle, direct, safe. Do not take a taxi from anyone who approaches you in the terminal.
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 04:42 AM

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...triomphe-hotel

Nice have stayed there upgrades with Marriott points

Taxi from CDG 60 euro like 10 miles

RER 8 euros per person to save

Buses from Air France cheap also.

PM hotel also directly for a pickup...
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 06:37 AM

Taxis from CDG to central Paris are from 45€ to 55€. For a mother with luggage and a child and who is not familiar with the RER/Métro, a taxi is your best option.

The RER to Chatelet connecting to M1 to George V or Etoile will cost 8.70€.

The Air France bus to Etoile is 15€ for 12 years old and older. It´s not a long walk from Etoile to your hotel but with luggage, the taxi is a great deal easier.
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 07:05 AM

I wonder if the OP knows this is in a part of Paris a bit "away" from the fun bustling things. Of course, the buses and Metro are always there, but I think it's a dull part of town. There IS a bus that goes straight down the Champs to Concorde that is a nice ride.
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 09:53 AM

Agree that this hotel is primarily for the nearby congress center and you aren;t really near any sights - but will be spending a lot of time on the Metro. But - unless there is a big meeting in town the rates are usually low for a modern type hotel.

Agree with a 12 year old and luggage I would just hop in a cab - less worry and hassle is worth the small difference in price - and not having to haul your luggage through the streets.
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 11:16 AM

That hotel is just a few blocks north of the Arc, it isn't near the congress center which is at Porte Maillot. It is obviously near some sights, like the Arc for one. It's very close to Ternes metro station.

I'd also take the taxi myself, the cost isn't that bad for two people compared to other methods and the hassle factor. If I were alone and had a small suitcase, I'd just take the Air France bus and walk the few blocks.