Getting from London to Paris

Apr 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Getting from London to Paris

Hello,

Does anyone have a rough idea how much it would cost to go from London to Paris? I'm going to Paris but wondering if I'll save money by flying to Gatwick then making my own way to Paris- or if it's easier just to fly straight to Paris. Thanks!
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:39 PM

Well - since there are NO flights from Gatwick to Paris you are sort of out of luck. Unless you mean taking a train into London, a taxi to Waterloo and the Eurostar to Paris (or a train to Ashford and the Eurostar from there)

If you can fly into LHR instead - then you could easily transfer to a flight to CDG. But from LGW - nope . . . .
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:50 PM

Why don't you just get on one of the online sites that sell airplane tickets and price the alternatives? Then you will know. Asking such a question here will not yield much actual information but will generate lots of opinions. You might also use a travel agent but most of them no longer care to sell only airplane tickets since the airlines have pretty much squeezed them out of any commissions.
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:54 PM

There are no flights from LGW to Paris. That isn't an "opinion" - its a fact.
Apr 4th, 2007, 12:57 PM
ira

Hi L,

>wondering if I'll save money by flying to Gatwick then making my own way to Paris-<

Probably not.

Look at www.whichbudget.com for flts from LON to Paris.

Eursostar between London and Paris is about $100.

Also check fares for flying into AMS and BRU, from which you can train to Paris.

How are you getting home from Paris?

Apr 4th, 2007, 08:38 PM

Flying with BA from Heathrow to CDG for only 44 pounds each in June. Check out the BA website.
Apr 5th, 2007, 05:30 AM

BA often advertise attractive rates, but you'll also have to consider the transportation costs to the airports on both ends (Paddington Express/RER). It is often quicker to take the train, esp considering the check-in time, transport time to/from the airport, and the usual holding pattern at LHR .

If you're trying to save money, try to travel mid-week on Eurostar, and book as early as possible.

If your itinerary involves connection/stop-over in LGW, then bad luck. No LGW-Paris flights as janisj mentioned, and transfer between LGW-Waterloo still takes some time and £. As for LGW-LHR connection, forget about it!
Apr 5th, 2007, 06:16 AM

Do not forget the bus. It is a cheap way to get there. Look at eurolines, and maybe national express.
John B.
Apr 5th, 2007, 02:28 PM

Lyndak77, we fly BA from Chicago to Paris with a stopover in London on the return leg -- no extra charge. Can you do that? That way we don't have to pay for an additional flight to Paris. Its really convenient. However, I don't know if other airlines offer that or not as we've only flown BA to Paris.