Getting from Albufeira to Seville

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello... I have been researching my Portugal/Spain trip which I will be taking in October. I've got my basic itinerary and need help with one portion of it. Since I found that returning a rental car across the border was going to be expensive, I thought that we'd just drive from Lisbon to Sagres to Albufeira and drop the car there before heading to Seville. The problem is I can't seem to find a quick way of getting from Albufeira into Seville. The train seems to take us back to Lisbon and the bus seems to take about 6 hours. Can anyone help... I don't want to spend the whole day travelling if possible... Seville seems to be so close if we did drive there ourselves!!!

Thanks!
Tracy
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 12:16 PM

Do you intend to continue on from Seville or is it your intention to return to Albufeira? Mega Tours in Albufeira run one and two day trips to Seville. I spent 5 hours in Seville last week on my way to Gibralter and I was not particularly impressed.
Old Mar 28th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for that into. Currenly, I plan on taking the train onto Madrid after spending a couple of days in Seville. From what I've heard and read, Seville seems like a place I will really like. Madrid I'm not so sure about which is why I was considering just keeping the rental car and ending up back in Lisbon after Seville... maybe driving north of the coast on our way back and stopping once along the way. I just want to find the quickest way to get from Albufeira to Seville.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 01:55 AM

There are 2-Bus Companies that do that route: one Portuguese (EVA-Bus) and the other Spanish (Damas SA). I think all the Damas buses go via Huelva. It might be better in some cases to change buses in Huelva for one that goes to Sevilla by the expressway (1.5 hours) rather than one that goes 'por pueblos.' EVA-bus website also shows its route as going by way of Huelva.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

oh, thank you so much! That makes it seem so much easier. I will research those options... if only I can figure out the websites!!!
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

I guess my other question is now this: since I want the travel time between Albufeira and Seville to be as quick as possible, would it be wiser to hold onto the rental car during our stay at Albufeira and drive to Faro, catching a bus from there to Huelva and then onto Seville? I'm having a lot of trouble accessing timetables on the bus sites so I don't know how quick the travel time is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 24th, 2006, 10:36 AM

i TOO WILL BE STAYING IN cARVEIOR WHERE WE WILL HAVE A CAR AND THEN INTEND TO TRAVEL ON TO SEVILLA AND THEN MADRID. IT APPEARS IT WOULD BE WISE TO TAKE THE AVE TRAIN FROM SEVILLE TO MADRID BUT IS THERE ANY REASONABLE WAY TO GET FROM CARVEIOR TO SEVILLE WITHOUT A RENTAL CAR AND WITHOUT RETURNING TO LISBON WHICH SEEMS RIDICULOUS. wE WILL HAVE STARTED OUR TRIP FROM LISBON.

CAN ANYONE ALSO SUGGEST WHAT WHAT OF TOWN WE SHOULD STAY IN MADRID FOR TWO NIGHTS (OLD MADRID OR CAHMBER-CAHMARTIM-SALAMANCA.

THANK YOU FOR YOR HELP.