Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

getting close to buying tickets - is this too expensive?

getting close to buying tickets - is this too expensive?

Old Feb 14th, 2005, 02:00 PM
  #21  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We fly to Florence going through Paris round trip for 460 dollars. That was on Northwest and it's international affiliate. Seems the cheapest flights are through Amsterdam too though... all four of us got flights for 487 round trip to AMS. Shiphol. Oh, Delta is always higher in my experiences with them but they are trying to compete with cheaper airlines so.. go to their website and look for deals if you are just dead set on AirFrance/Delta.
jenaflix is offline  
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 02:16 PM
  #22  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,602
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, but Jenaflix, didn't you say on another post that you went last March to Florence? That is in no way comparable to the OP's time period in question!
Spygirl is offline  
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 02:34 PM
  #23  
ira
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 74,699
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi wl,

You have a fairly good price.

My estimate is a 60% chance of dropping $100 and a 40% chance of going up $50 between now and the end of March.

ira is offline  
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 02:45 PM
  #24  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 299
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have a very fair price for that time of year.
jeffwill4you is offline  
Old Feb 14th, 2005, 03:35 PM
  #25  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 109
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,
I say grab the tickets and run!! I live in Western Canada and paid $1562.50 USD when I bought in January (trip is in May) I could have had tickets for $1198. USD if I had taken a risk and bought non- refundable, no cancellation etc. You are lucky that you have so many carriers and competition. This helps keep your prices so much lower.
jazzyred is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Original Poster
Forum
Replies
Last Post
suec1
Europe
8
Nov 7th, 2011 12:38 PM
wally34949
Air Travel
17
Jan 22nd, 2007 04:39 AM
Underhill
Air Travel
10
Aug 9th, 2004 05:20 AM
Honeymooners04
Europe
10
May 3rd, 2004 05:59 PM
Postal
United States
7
Apr 13th, 2004 12:41 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -