Germany train tickets - Czech sections

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Germany train tickets - Czech sections

At the Bahn site this information is given:

Schönes-Wochenende-Ticket – EUR 33**

For unlimited travel on regional trains in second class. Weekends (Saturday or Sunday)from midnight until 3 am the following day
Germany wide on regional trains (IRE,RE,RB,S-Bahn) as well as on sections of the Czech trains and in Poland.

My questions is what areas are covered for the Czech trains and can they be purchased going from the Czech Rep. to Germany?

THanks
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 08:27 AM

In the past I was able to find a page on the bahn website with the information about the S-W-Ticket being valid in part of the Czech Republic, but I can no longer find it. However, I did find a link to a brochure for the Bayern-Böhmen-Ticket, which is good 7 days a week for Bavaria and the same part of the CR. I will continue to look for that page, but in the meantime try this:

http://www.tiny.cc/YSZaB

Note, it includes Plzen, but not Prag.
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 10:32 AM

dr, can you still find that entry on the DB website? The English page I found says nothing about travel in the CR. I found a German language page, http://www.bahn.de/p/view/preise/reg...e_ticket.shtml, but it only mentions Poland, not CR. I tend to think they no longer offer that part of CR with the S-W-Ticket.

BTW, the Bayern-Böhmen-Ticket brochure shows an area including both part of the CR and parts of Sachsen and Bavaria. I think the reason it is shown like this is that Czech Rail has it's own version of S-W, Sone+, which is only valid on weekends, and includes the parts of Germany shown on that map. I can't prove it from the Bayern-Böhmen page, but I think that ticket includes all of Bavaria in addition to the part of CR shown on the map.

Does anyone else (Logos?) here have more information?
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 10:54 AM

The Bayern-Böhmen-Ticket is purchasable from the Bahn Ticketshop (unfortunately only in German) or from ticket automats in Bavaria. However, if you are traveling on the weekend and not to far into Bavaria, the Sone+ ticket is available in the Czech Republic, costs far less, and is valid all over CR plus in the part of Bavaria shown on the map.
Old Sep 16th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the information. The English versions are available after clicking on the "international guests" tab (top right) from the home page.
http://www.bahn.de/p/view/internatio..._tourist.shtml

and

http://www.bahn.de/p/view/internatio..._tickets.shtml

I can't seem to find the specific page that I quoted from but it downloaded as a PDF file.

Perhaps I'll purchase a ticket to Passau from the C.R. and a Bayern ticket from there.

Thanks