Germany and Amsterdam

May 15th, 2019, 07:55 PM
Original Poster

Germany and Amsterdam

Hi There,
I have about 10 days to spare, would be paying a visit to my friend who is in Amsterdam (probably 3-4 days) . I would also like to take the opportunity to travel to another city to make my flight-ticket worth while since I would be flying in from Singapore. I am thinking of Berlin or Munich, but am open to other cities as well. Where would you recommend? Budget is a bit tight but dont mind spending a bit more since it is my first time to Europe! Thanks people. Appreciate any suggestion i can get!

cheers.
May 15th, 2019, 08:54 PM

Hi chancy218,

I adored Aachen -- smaller than either Berlin or Munich. Aachen has lots of history, and it is very charming, with tangled streets leading off and linking to small squares.

Have fun as you plan!

s
May 16th, 2019, 01:42 AM

Depends on your interests. Big city/small city.
Munich has more a small city vibe, nice historic city center, some very good museums (when into arts).
Berlin is more vibrant, literally more things to see and do than in Munich, more diverse,
Since traveling on a budget - Scoot flies to/from Berlin, but not to/from Munich.
May 16th, 2019, 08:03 AM

Frankfurt area - base on the lovely Rhine Gorge in a cute riverside town liken Boppard or St. Goar and take the K-D boat down the beautiful Rhine Gorge - not far by train from Frankfurt Airport. Stop in Cologne for a few hours to see the wondrous cathedral. For lots on trains check www.bahn.de/en - German railways site and www.seat61.com; BETS-European Rail Experts and www.ricksteves,com.