Georgian Hotel, Dublin

Old Feb 4th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Georgian Hotel, Dublin

Anyone been to the Georgian Hotel on Baggot Street in London? It's between St. Stephens Green and Merrion Park, so looks to be pretty convenient. It's pretty cheap, so you always wonder. Any comments would be appreciated.
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 05:06 PM

I know you really ment to say Dublin rather than London.
Yes, we have stayed at the Georgian Hotel 3 times. The rooms in the main building are quaint but comfortable. All other rooms are in a 3 story building behind the main building. These were newer rooms much like an old Holiday Inn. The breakfast was good. We are going back to Dublin at the end of March and did decide to stay some where new. The Georgian is in walking distance from Grafton Street. There was a grocery store very near the hotel--we found that helpful!
Have Fun!
Good Luck
Old Feb 4th, 2004, 05:51 PM

Hello, mexicobeachbum
I stayed at the Georgian just a week ago. It was fine, imo. The rooms were nice size, clean, decently furnished. I paid 128Euros for my Sat night and 110E for my Sun night. It seemed that it was a bit steep for this hotel and its amenities compared to what that money would buy in many other countries. But, Dublin isn't an inexpensive city regarding lodgings.
On the plus side, it's close to the National Gallery which I found very enjoyable. The neighborhood is pleasant and filled with lots of little cafes.
I would encourage you to go to O'Neils for the carvery they have in the evenings. The lamb was out of this world!
I found a nice little painting in Merrion Square on Saturday morning. Several artists display their work on Saturday and Sunday morns.
Have fun! It's just a delightful experience!
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

Whoops! Thanks, HannaHall, for catching my mistake. Thanks also to all for the responses.
Old Feb 5th, 2004, 09:00 AM

We are staying here in the beginning of June-I'm glad someone posted about the place! I booked the room on hotels.com and got a great rate in US $$ much cheaper than what the above poster paid. But still you cannot beat the B&B prices everywhere else throughout the country-I guess because its a city you pay more