Geneva Hotel for Business Trip

Old Jul 5th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geneva Hotel for Business Trip

I am in the process of organizing a trip to Geneva for myself and several of my co-workers for business. We will be attending a conference at the convention center, which is near the airport. Can anyone recommend a hotel that would be convenient for the conference as well as a good location for experiencing the city of Geneva (ie something that is close to good restaurants, nightlife, cultural activities)? Company executives will be on this trip, so the nicer, the better. Thanks in advance for helping with this matter!
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 10:41 AM

Don't you have a corporate travel agent to do this for you? You can check several websites to check out the hotels in Geneva. The convention center is near downtown Geneva anyways and that is where you will find a lot of great restaurants and what not. Since this is a business trip, I assume that you have certain budget guidelines that you have to obey or maybe there is a corporate convention rate associated with the meeting that your executives are attending. Just something to get you started....
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 10:53 AM

Have never done a meeting in Geneva so I don;t know the exact location of this convention center - vs access to town. (We stayed at the Beau Rivage and loved it - but have no idea of the business services.)

Suggest you contact the Geneva Convention & Visitors Bureau to get location of 5* hotels near convention center and/or city center (not sure these will be the same).

Also let them know what type of office services you will need - many luxe hotels are not good at providing these - so if you need reliable services - esp 24hrs/day - and are not planning on setting up your own office in the hotel - make that a priority of your request.
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 09:56 PM

I recommend the 'eaux vives' area, this area is near everything, nice restaurants, discos, clubs, and of course 20 meters of the lake! - So there is the 'Hotel des Bergues' , but be careful, this one is very, very expensive.
Also you can have the 'hotel Warwick' but this one is in the Train Station, so the view is not very attractive.

Make a search here:
http://www.thehotelsaver.com/Switzerland/CH/GENEVA.html

Good luck
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 01:40 AM

We would need to know the exact location of this "Convention Center". If it is ICC (International Convention Center)by the airport, most convenient is Hotel Mövenpick 5*next ICC (actually they are both in the same building). Hotel has shuttle bus service to airport (1 min)and city center (15 min).

Could it be also Palexpo (that's more like fair venue but..) ? then Crowne Plaza 5* is next to it. No.5 bus stop is nearby and maximum 15 min to the lake front.

There is another convention center in more central area on Rue de Vermont, close to the United Nations. With this, a hotel choice would be Inter-Continental 5*. Frequest city bus no.5 will take you from the hotel in 10 min and from the convention center in 5 min. to the city center/lake front area). If not Inter-Continental that is a bit far from the lake, take one of the 5 stars on the lake side.
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 01:54 AM

FYI, Hotel Le Warwick is NOT in the station. It's on the other side of the station square.

Des Bergues is expensive and has now been open again since taken over by Four Seasons.
Old Jun 9th, 2006, 04:14 AM

Bonjour Syren,

Here's Geneva tourism and convention bureau's website: http://www.geneve-tourisme.ch/index....0000&lang=_eng

You'll find maps and other informations that should help you find the best location for your purposes.

As hinted by others, Geneva is a rather compact city, the airport is not far from city center, and public transportation is excellent (but taxis are expensive). This leaves you with lots of options, some involving staying outside of Geneva proper, like Hotel La Reserve in Bellevue ( http://www.lareserve.ch/ - 5* - expensive ), about 10 min from the airport and 15 from the city (and they can arrange transfer by boat ...) or Domaine de Chateauvieux in Satigny (http://www.chateauvieux.ch/page.cfm?...=activites.cfm ).