Reload this Page >

Gatwick on Sunday morning

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2002, 03:08 AM
Alex

I'm trying to figure out what my timetable would look like after a Sunday arrival. My flight comes into Gatwick at 8:15am. I'll just have a carry-on and nothing to declare. About how long will it take me to get through immigration, customs, etc.? 30min? an hour?<BR><BR>many thanks!

Old May 13th, 2002, 04:28 AM
Keith

Where are you flying from? If you're flying from inside the EU then you'll probably be through pretty quickly. If you're coming from the US (with a US passport) it will take longer, but you'll have the advantage in being able to beat the crowds from the plane by going straight to customs.

Old May 13th, 2002, 04:48 AM
Alex

Sorry... that would be a helpful bit of information wouldn't it? I'm coming in from the US, so I would expect immigration control to be the only real hold-up.

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:09 AM
xxxx

I would suggest you give yourself at least 30mins to clear you can even do it in less time if yours is the only plane to get in at that time and providing you don't have to collect any luggage which would probably take longer. I've cleared Gatwick on a Sunday in 45mins with luggage pick-up.

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:32 AM
David

I hate to intrude, but I had been thinking of sending my own post anyway.<BR><BR>What's Gatwick like Saturday morning for US visitors? (probably busier than Sunday, huh?)<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old May 13th, 2002, 06:59 AM
doug

Anymore any morning is pretty busy @ Gatwick. If you are near the front of the plane it helps. If two or three planes come in at the same time you can wait up to half an hour but Gatwick is usually pretty efficient and they can handle a lot of folks. It can take 15-20 minutes to get off one of these big planes so if you are in 64K it may take awhile. 8C you will fly through.