From London to Ireland?

Search

From London to Ireland?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From London to Ireland?

What is the cheapest form of travel from London to Ireland?
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 07:27 PM
rex

Almost certain to be ryanair.com - - though it's worth looking at other competing airlines on www.whichbudget.coom and/or www.opodo.co.uk

Be sure to factor in the cost of getting from your origination in London to the airport.

And possibly, the cost of baggage (excess weight surcharges), if you plan to check more than 44 pounds, or have a carry-on of more than 22 pounds.

See http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34743543

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 10:36 PM

There's no sensible alternative to flying.

There are flights from at least 5 different London airports to over a dozen airports around Ireland. Neither opodo nor whichbudget lists all those flights, or even the cheapest. Ryanair and Easyjet can't be relied on to be cheapest on any one day.

To see a list of flight options, go to http://tinyurl.com/3hfzn. The site links directly to the airlines' sites. Be sure to cost each option fully: wait until the very last screen, which includes all "taxes" (ie, whatever small print extras the creative whizzoes have managed to dream up this week)

Ryanair has an effective luggage limit of 30kg from mid March. But read the rules carefully.
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 10:59 PM

"Almost certain to be ryanair.com"

Actually, it's more likely to be Aer Lingus who fly from Heathrow. Therefore you save a lot of money just getting to the airport
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 05:35 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
&quot;<i>Almost certain to be ryanair.com</i>&quot;

Not so. <b>Several</b> airlines can be cheaper than RyanAir on any given day/route. Many posters on here rely on whichbudget.com for their info (w/o any personal experience/knowledge) Whichbudget Is a good sorce for SOME discount flights - but certainly isn't comprehensive.

Follow flanneruk's advice.
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 05:55 AM
rex

I wish now that I had said... &quot;there's a good chance that it will be...&quot;

I did take care to advise factoring the cost of transport to the airport, and advise watching out for baggage charges.

Still, when they exist (certainly not every day), Ryanair is virtually unique in occasionally offering fares of 99p, or even 1 pence (plus taxes and fees, of course).