Franch in early April or early November

Old Jun 25th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Franch in early April or early November

What time of year would be best? Our options for travel are either early April or early November. Which would you recommend? We have never been to France. Thanks
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 07:09 AM

We went this past April; it was beautiful. We lucked out and had lovely weather. Many trees were bare except cherry and other blossoms. Great!

I have also been in December for Christmas, and once in January. I enjoyed that as well, especially Paris all lit up for the holidays, but I think I'd give the edge to April. When I was young, I went in the heat of summer (July)--hated it.
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 07:49 AM

I traveled to Paris this past November and was treated to three out of five days of incredible warm sunny weather! Completely unexpected! It may be less crowded and lower rates in November than April. There were still autumn leaves on the trees too, which was very pretty.

No guarantees that either April or November will have anything but rainy weather, but remember, nobody goes to Paris for the weather, and (if you can stand another pithy expression) there's no bad weather, just inappropriate clothes!
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 09:11 AM

Thanks, OP, for posting this. We are scheduled to go in November and I have been researching the weather as well. Last time I was there was in April, but late April and spring was just busting out. It was absolutely fantastic. But I heard that earlier in the month it had been very cold. I guess just like everywhere else, the weather changes from one year to the next. I have seen pictures of Paris in November with green leaves still on some trees and even flowering bushes, so I am hoping for that. Still, I'll be in Paris, so basically, who cares?
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 12:36 PM

Are you asking about weather, things to do, crowds or all the above and where in France?

Larry J
Old Jun 25th, 2007, 12:42 PM
ira

Hi M,

Where are you gong in France?

There will be more daylight in April.

Spring will coming, rather than Summer going.

Both months have an R, so the oysters will be good.

Remember: "April is the cruelest month".