Four Weeks in Nice????

Jan 26th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

Four Weeks in Nice????

I was hoping someone could give me some suggestions on spending two weeks in Nice. We would be looking at late Sept. or early October. How is the weather over this time period? Any recommendations for two weeks in this part of France. We enjoy nice food and relaxation. I would probably be interested in renting a bike while I am there and do some riding every day. We would rent an apartment to stay in for the 2 weeks. Hopefully someone has done something like this and can share your experience.
Jan 26th, 2011, 03:48 PM

I would rent a car so you can visit a lot of the towns in the mountains behind the coast (lots of great museums, cute little churches, charming villages and incredible gorges) as well as along the coast. Nice is a major city and biking out into the countryside would take a while - might be best done by taking the bikes on a train or car. (The mountain towns are not really doable by bike unless your name is Armstrong.)
Jan 26th, 2011, 03:53 PM

I would recommend staying in Old Town. Nice Pebbles ( nicepebbles.com ) have some real nice units. Car is nice if you want to visit nearby towns or go to San Remo. Parking is about 30 euros per day. Public transportation is great and cheap.
Jan 26th, 2011, 04:15 PM

>>The mountain towns are not really doable by bike unless your name is Armstrong.)<<

The hills behind Nice is where Lance got hit by a car while training for the TdF.

Stu Dudley
Jan 26th, 2011, 04:31 PM

Your heading says 4 weeks but your post says 2 weeks, can you clarify before too many people try to help you. If it's four weeks in Nice then I would recommend changing the itinerary as I think that might be too long in just one part of France.

StuDudley is right, we watched as cyclists flew past us in the weeks before the TdF - they are fearless and do sometimes pay the price.
Jan 26th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Sorry for the confusion it's TWO WEEKS in Nice not four