football tickets

Dec 16th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

football tickets

Ok, I need a little advice. If you could attend either the Everton vs. Tottenham Hostpur match or a Fulham vs. Aston Villa match, which would you prefer? Which is a more popular match? Trying to plan a trip for my husband.Thanks so much.
Dec 16th, 2006, 05:14 PM

If forced to choose at gunpoint, I'd probably pick the Everton match, even though as a proud Liverpool supporter, I despise Everton. Too bad it's not Tottenham v. Aston Villa.

I picked the Everton match because Fulham are pretty useless this year. Tottenham sometimes plays great football, just not very consistently. But hopefully you'll catch them on a good day.
Dec 16th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Original Poster

Ann41: My main goal was to get to a Liverpool match. But, trying to get tickets has been close to impossible! Plus, the as time ticks by, the airfare keeps rising. I am in the states and my husband's favorite team is in fact Liverpool.
Dec 17th, 2006, 10:04 AM

You are aware that the home team is listed first so you appear to be interested in a game that is either in North London or Liverpool.

yopu'll do well to get a ticket for the spurs game as we're doing rather well at the moment.

Fulham shouldn't be a problem though. You should be able to buy online. Failing that they have a shop near putney bridge tube station that sells tickets and other stuff.
Dec 17th, 2006, 12:03 PM

"If forced to choose at gunpoint..." I'd say pull the trigger.
Dec 17th, 2006, 06:27 PM
Original Poster

Audere, yes I am aware that the home team is listed first. I have been trying to get tickets to the Fulham v. Newcastle match. Do you know of any sites online where I might be able to purchase them? Also, what is the team name of the Spurs? I am not all that familiar with English football. Thanks.
Dec 17th, 2006, 11:34 PM

"Spurs" is Tottenham Hotspurs http://www.premierleague.com/tottenham-hotspur.html
Dec 18th, 2006, 04:16 AM

What self-respecting Liverpool supporter would go to an Everton game?
Dec 18th, 2006, 04:36 AM

Why overpay for tickets on line???

There was not one game that I have been to that you couldn't get tickets from scalpers in front of the stadium. The longer you are willing to wait, the cheaper they get. In fact, few years ago, I secured a ticket behind the home bench of Manchester Utd and got Sir Alex and Beckham's autographs on the match program. The ticket was only 10BPs above face value. All the other times, the tickets were not as good, but very cheap and nice seat.

Now I have a "regular" contact that secures a match ticket every time I travel to Manchester. Guess how I met him? That's right, right in front of the stadium, before a match.

Dec 18th, 2006, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

A self respecting fan of Football-period. We are from the states and have never been to a Premiership game. So, give us a break. I am trying to plan a trip around the matches and that makes "waiting until the last minute" kinda difficult.
Dec 18th, 2006, 04:56 AM

I'm from states as well. The only point I was trying to make is that scalpers will have tickets on the day of the match. If you want to overpay then do a google search for premiership tickets. Expect to pay $100+ on top of the face value.

Also, many teams don't sell out. Few years back, I was able to walk up and buy a ticket from the ticket window for a Chelsea home match. I assume that it would not be possible today, but some of the weaker teams are never sold out.

Dec 18th, 2006, 05:34 AM

Here are the sites for the relevant teams:

Spurs:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/inde...T.svl=HOMEPAGE

fulham:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Tickets/Tickets.aspx

Mickey mousers:

www.evertonfc.com

One thing that you should know is that it is illegal to sell football tickets outside the ground (because it buggers up the segregation). This law is not usually enforced to any real degree, but it does mean you have no comeback if the ticket isn't honoured.

Also make sure that you have the necessary supporting documentation to go with the type of ticket you're buy (eg if it's a members ticket you will need the voucher or card that proves you're a member). Enlist a friendly local.

You can usually get a ticket outside White Hart Lane for around £80-100, I can't comment on other grounds. Don't use the online brokerages - their prices are mental.

There are US branches of the supporters clubs for some teams (spurs certainly have one) and they have access to tickets at face value.

Another thing you might want to look into is buying a hospitality package - which includes a few drinks and a meal/ These cost from about £80 up depending on the team and the match.

Your best bet otherwise is to get onto the various club message boards as the posters often have spares going.

Just promise to never, ever call it soccer!

Dec 19th, 2006, 01:54 PM

"One thing that you should know is that it is illegal to sell football tickets outside the ground"

To be specific, isn't it only if the seller is making a profit? (I've bought tickets before from season-ticket holders who had spares, and simply wanted the cost price for them)
Dec 20th, 2006, 02:14 AM

No, it's just plain illegal - because it messes up the segregation.

Havinmg said that it's not often zealously policed
Jan 5th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. I actually go tickets to both Everton v. Tottenham and the derby match, Liverpool v. Everton. Can't wait!