Food delivery in London?

Old May 13th, 2004, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Food delivery in London?

(I'm trying to make this travel related...)

If one were to travel to a city like London and wanted to have food delivered to friends in that fair city at their place of employment, what are the possibilities? It need not be fancy but are there pizza delivery places or sandwich shops that deliver to a work place? The place in question is at Imperial College in the South Kensington area. Any websites that could direct me to more information would be appreciated. Thank you knowledgeable friends.
Old May 13th, 2004, 05:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The grocery chain Sainsbury has a delivery service. See their websitre: sainsbury.co.uk.
Old May 13th, 2004, 05:26 AM

HI
Check the website for Pret a Manger, a chain of sandwich/light food shops. The shops are all over London, perhaps they deliver.
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:13 AM

http://www.pizzajoe.co.uk/inclusions...?search=London has a list of some of the London Pizza shops that deliver.

Keith
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:27 AM

There is a website

upmystreet.co.uk/

that I've used to get neighborhood info for outside London (you put in a postal code). I don't know how "complete" it is but you might give it a try.

Other thoughts

Do a google search-London AND food delivery AND knightsbridge

2 very good, popular Pizza chains are ASK and Pizza Express. You might see if they have websites with info.

Finally, Waitrose is another supermarket chain, like Sainsbury's that might deliver. Also, Marks & Spencer-the dept store chain has excellent take away food/catering. They might deliver.
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:32 AM

You won't get very far with web sites, and you need to be more specific with your question.

Everywhere in central London is surrounded by independent sandwich shops. Most of these do deliveries, but many really deliver only against minimum orders, and the service is usually used for catering meetings. Usually payment would be made, in cash, by the recipient - though some businesses have an account with individual shops.

But somehow, I think you're not trying to arrange a couple of dozen cheese sandwiches for a working lunch.

What are you trying to do? Or are you writing a novel?

Old May 13th, 2004, 06:41 AM

Dominos are the largest pizza chain in this "fair city".

I have no idea what you are trying to do, but perhaps your name suggest you're living the past coldwar my dear.
Old May 13th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

What am I trying to do? I am trying to provide lunch for some individuals that work in London (10-15 people)- not for a meeting but just for lunch. Since I am not currently located there, I cannot unfortunately pick something up and bring it to them but your information is helpful.

Living in the past? Not really but the name is in reference to my research of that historical period.

Thank you again.
Old May 13th, 2004, 12:55 PM

pret doesn't deliver but does have great platters for pick up. waitrose might work- try opodo.com and see what you come up with.
Lunch is tricky- leapingsalmon.com is a great meal kit service. They provide everything you need for a wonderful meal and deliver it to your door.
Will you be there for the lunch? If so you might be better off trying to do it once you're in London.
Dominos could work- but you'd probably need to call in the order at noon London time- most don't open until then.
try yahoo.co.uk and type in London food delivery
Old May 13th, 2004, 02:14 PM

If you want a meal, paid for by you, to be delivered at a specific time, the Marks + Spencer Lunch to Go service probably fits most of the bill (www2.marksandspencer.com/foodmagazine/foodservices/lunchtogo/new_menu_pm15.shtml#bot)

But wouldn't it be easier to talk to the catering people at Imperial?
Old May 13th, 2004, 02:48 PM

You could try www.roomservice.co.uk
Old May 13th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again for the assistance. Sainsbury, M&S, and even the Domino's ideas are quite helpful and I am on my way to ordering.