Reload this Page >

Fodors mini-guide - how do I print?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 05:45 AM
x

Can someone guide me to the correct link? I can get the mini-guide on my screen, but I seem to remember there is another screen that allows you to click in boxes for each chapter, and then lets you print, and i can't find it. Thanks!

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 07:20 AM
vita

I took a look at the Rome guide. When I click on, for example, sights and activities, there's a customize option at the top that allows me to select certain sections to read. Is that what you're talking about?

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 07:30 AM
x

Thanks, but I'm referring to a screen with "check boxes." You click the boxes that you want included in your customized guide, and it produces a printer-friendly guide.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 08:06 AM
JOdy

I can't find the link to a printable page either. why don't you just email the page to yourself. The email option is at the right of the screen near the beginninh of each section.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 10:57 AM
Christina

I don't think you can do it the same way any more, now you have to click individually on each section you want (and print it, if you want it), rather than checking the boxes for it to make the guide for you. On the hotels and restaurants, I think you can narrow it down to some criteria, but you can't print a custom miniguide any more. <BR><BR>Fodors has changed some things on their web site to increase revenue, and I suspect they did that because if you just get a miniguide made up automatically and printed, you aren't reading their ads as much. By forcing you to click on each section individually, you are exposed to ads each time. <BR><BR>Those miniguides were great, and I guess the same material is there, you just have to spend more time getting it. I can't really blame them, I guess, they need to support the site.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 08:04 AM
Nutella

Travelocity has custom mini-guides. By the way, the guides are from that OTHER travel publisher that begins with an F. : )