FLU

Jan 23rd, 2002, 12:30 PM
MR DAVIS

FLU

Going over in late Feb. to watch football games and saw an article about pepole gettting the flu with projectile vomiting. Any news? Sounds like fun on vacation.

Jan 23rd, 2002, 12:37 PM
Capo

I guess, for me, that would depend on exactly what projectiles they're vomiting. If, for example, they're vomiting projectiles full of euros, or dark chocolates, I would probably try to catch them. :~)

Jan 23rd, 2002, 12:41 PM
M. Giggle

Got it right here in the States, Mr. D. I fear the only way to lessen your chances is to build up your health and resistance as much as possible before the trip. Drink lots of water on the plane, eat light and wash your hands a lot.

Oh, Capo you make me LAUGH! LOL

Jan 23rd, 2002, 12:51 PM
MR DAVIS

Thanks! The English always have good vomiting stories.

Jan 23rd, 2002, 01:09 PM
Walter

Flu shot? I believe they only take 2 weeks to kick-in. Regards, Walter

Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:25 PM
peter

there is no such thing as a stomach flu medically speaking. the flu is a respiratory illness with specific symptoms. one can have a viral gasterointestinal illness casued by bacteria. viruses or noxious elements in food/water. projectile emesis is not usually found with this type of upset. one must be cautious when it is encountered as this coupled with a fever and stiff neck could be from a couple of seriuos medical problems with very serious consequenses

Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:27 PM
peter

major typo substitute acute for the word viral at the end of the 2nd sentence

Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:30 PM
sicko

You could eat at the Chinese place I ate in last week and have your own projectile vomit-fest without traveling.I wouldn't exactly call it fun,but it did help me lose some pounds.

Jan 23rd, 2002, 04:50 PM
teddie

I'm finding this most interesting, as this past Sunday evening, with sudden onset, I "christened" the streets of London, had chills, stomach pains, and went straight to bed after. Woke up the next morning feeling just fine. BTW, no alcohol involved here.
Could it be????

Jan 24th, 2002, 01:59 AM
Jenny

Over the last few days, there seems to have been a bit of a problem in the UK, especially here in Scotland with what is being called the "Winter Sickness Virus/Bug". It has mainly been affecting places like hospitals and schools. (One of the hospitals in Glasgow has been closed by it, due to nearly 300 staff and patients being infected.) It has been particularly contagious, as it spreads via airborne particles.

From what I hear, it comes on very rapidly, and you vomit almost constantly for about 36 hours (nice), then start to feel better. The advice here is just to take to bed and drink lots of fluids until it's over.

So ... hopefully by the time Mr Davis comes over in late Feb., it will have run its course most places.

Jenny