Florence to Capri

Old Aug 15th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florence to Capri

We will be spending several days in Capri, Nov. 12-16. What is the best way to get from Florence to Capri? Also, what are some "don't miss" sites and where should we stay and dine. Thanks to all.
Old Aug 15th, 2005, 12:22 PM
ira

Hi S,

You can train from Florence Naples and then take the ferry to Capri from the Molo Beverello.

What's the weather like on Capri in November?

Old Aug 31st, 2005, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

I got www.vacationstogo.com (among others) in response to my Google question about temperature in Nov. and it gave 62 degrees Farenheit as the high and 51 as the low.
Old Aug 31st, 2005, 12:24 PM
ira

Hi S,

Still planning to go to Capri in November?

If so, have you looked to see if anything is open?

Old Oct 17th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Original Poster

We are still planning to go in November. Some of the more expensive five-star hotels and spas are closed for the season, but we found what sounds like a good hotel in Regina Cristina, a four-star hotel. Although some of the appeal in such a spot is warm weather and interesting visitors, I think we will enjoy poking around the streets and shops. Hopefully, we'll have some sun and a calm sea. We found our hotel on www.capri.net
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 01:17 PM

Hello sagittarius, Capri is a beautiful island. But I was always under the impression that during bad storms the various boat do not make the run between Capri and the mainland. I do know for a fact that some friends of friends of mine in Italy have been "stuck" on some of the smaller islands during storms due to the fact that the boats do not make the run.

Just mentioning this in case you have a flight home right after your scheduled stay on Capri. Best wishes.
Old Oct 17th, 2005, 03:06 PM

If there’s an island in Italy that I wouldn’t mind overstaying at because of a storm, it’ll be Capri. Specifically, in the area of Anacapri.

Ask around for Da Gelsomina (along via Migliare) - a restaurant deep within the residential areas and vineyards of Anacapri. The spectacular panoramic view from either the terrace or in the restaurant of the Bay of Naples while enjoying home-made sciacatelle (sp) with some of the tastiest olive oil and tomatoes, fresh shrimps and the fresh grilled whole squid went down well with the refreshing white wine produced from their own vineyard.

It was just last month when we were there for a day, but Capri will be at least a 2-nighter on our next go around in the area.