Reload this Page >

Florence Questions

Search

Florence Questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 07:49 PM
Susan G.

Florence Questions

My daughter will be heading for Florence in the Fall for a semester. I would appreciate any general advice for her, including: places to see, eat, meet young people. And common American tourist/etiquette errors.<BR>I hope to join her at Thanksgiving, any recommendations on places for me to stay for a week, medium price range, comfy counts.<BR>Thanks very much,<BR>Susan G.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 07:57 PM
dean

areas that are a hangout for the younger crowd include San marco and Santo Spirito. There are lots of restaurants, bars etc in both these areas and there are a lot of students, especially around San Marco. <BR><BR>In general, there is more nightlife for youger folk in the Oltr'Arno district "across the Arno from the center.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 04:02 AM
elaine

Hi Susan<BR>Your daughter might want to look for the "Let's Go" guide to Europe or Italy--it is very student-oriented.<BR><BR>As for you, could you say what you mean by "medium price range" and "comfy"?<BR>For example, do you need an elevator, breakfast on the premises, etc? And what area will your daughter be staying in? It will help people here make recommendations.<BR><BR>I have a file on Florence; if you'd like to see it, email me.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Mel

I stayed in Florence for a semester in 2000. All of the us lived by the Lets Go Europe Guide. A Common error that we as students made was packing too much stuff and taking luggage that rolls. A few smart students brought those backpack luggage things. Our professors took us to pretty much all the museums/sights Florence had to offer. I kept all my notes so if you want you can email me and I will tell you all the sites we saw. As far as places to eat, she will have plenty of time to figure that out. We fell in love with a lot of restaurants right down the street from our hotel. She is going to have the time of her life. Good luck.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 08:33 AM
m

I nice, reasonable hotel is Hotel Casci, www.hotelcasci.com. Do a text search on the name for lots of positive comments.

Old Aug 10th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Susan

Thank you all very much for your replies. I will backmail. She is so excited, I hink she could fly w/o the plane. thanks, susan