Florence Museum Reservations

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 06:47 PM
CT

Florence Museum Reservations

I would like to make reservations for the Uffizi and the Academie in Florence but can't seem to find the correct website. Can anyone point me to the correct URL? Thanks.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:01 PM
mike

go the source!....i don't have the number with me but a quick search on the forum yielded a recent post:

Author: rick ([email protected])
Date: 05/07/2002, 02:46 pm

Message: The easiest and cheapest way is to call Florence 011 (U.S. international access code) 39 (Italy's country code) then 055-294-883 8:30-18:30 M-F and 8:30-12:00 Sat. Florence time. You will get an English speaking operator and in 2-3 minutes YOU CAN RESERVE FOR BOTH. This is through the resrvation service at the Uffizi and costs beyond the normal entry fee only about 1.60 euro for the service. This is MUCH cheaper than the commercial booking services. I got an AT&T phone card at Sam's Wholesale Club and this call runs less than 40 cents/minute.

i believe i used the above number (same number cited by Rick Steves) and i can vouch for the service to be quick and painless (and pleasant too!)...no credit card info needed until you pick up the tix on arrival; you'll be given two reservation numbers (one for uffizi and accademia) and you only pay a small surcharge (i think ~1.5 euro/tix)

online booking services are certainly available...my florence hotel recommended these two but service charges are probably higher plus i don't know how good they are...

http://www.weekendafirenze.com
http://www.florenceart.it

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:12 PM
brody

I used www.initaly.com for tickets. Also www.selectitaly has plans.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 09:03 PM
TJ

The reservation numbers given above are quick and work. I used them in May and, as stated, they spoke English and my reservations were waiting. Be aware, however that this doesn't mean you won't wait in line. The lines are long but much, much shorter than those without reservations. Have fun.

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:33 PM
Dee

I tried several times to call and always got a circuit busy signal. Then I got smart and emailed our Florence hotel and asked them to make the reservation. Within minutes they responded with the confirmation #.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Barb

I called direct as Rick suggested, and the tickets were waiting. We had no wait at the Accademia, and about 5 minutes at the Uffizzi. If you use a 10 10 dial around number, your call costs about 10 cents a minute. I use 10 10 6868 another one is 10 10 811 do a search on international dial around on this board. I also called direct to the Borghese in Rome. The booking fees really add up and it's easy to do yourself.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Terry

I agree with Dee. We had our Florence hotel make the reservations for us. No problem at all!

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Beverly

Last month, we used the service at http://www.weekendafirenze.com/ for our Accademia reservations. Painless and it worked - we bypassed a very long line to get in. They have Uffizi tix as well.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 03:13 PM
Bob

Ditto on the above. We did our tickets online and had a specific time to go in. We walked up past the line, showed the ticket reservation number and were inside in no time. Only way to go to either of these places.