Florence - lodging?

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Yuliya

Florence - lodging?

Can somebody recomend a good place to stay in Florence? I would like to stay in centrally located hotel with air conditioning and not pay arm & leg for the accomodations...<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 10:39 AM
sally

The Hotel Tornabuoni Beachi is great. I stayed there in March and made a reservation at the last minute, which meant probably one of the lesser rooms at it was still wonderful. It is very centrally located on via tornabuoni. The staff is extremely nice, they have a gorgeous roofdeck and best of all if you want to feel like Helena Bonham Carter in a room with a view (rather than like the zillionth american tourist you have seen that day) this is the place for you. I paid 175euros a night in march which included breakfast. check on the rants and raves for my review. not sure on ac since it wasn't necessary then. the hotel email address is [email protected]

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 10:51 AM
pam

We stayed at the Sheraton Firenze last week. Really liked it (we showed up without a reservation and after giving up on trying to drive into Florence settled here because it was on the south side of town and near the autostrade). After staying in the traditional European B&B type accomadations for the last week, the kids really liked a huge American-style room. Rate include wonderful buffet breakfast (even with waffles and American-style coffee). They had a locked parking garage for our rental car. Best of all, they have a had a free shuttle bus into town. We really liked it.<BR>Pam B.<BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Catherine

I, too, recommend the Tornabuouni Beacci. The location is fine and the owners are very nice. And the air conditioning works well. The rooms are marvelous. Here is their website<BR>http://www.bthotel.it/

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 07:16 PM
Curious

Pam, what was your room rate at the Sheraton?