Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Florence - In Piazza della Signoria B&B?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2003, 04:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed here that can review it?
Thanks
Doug
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 05:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I too would be interested in knowing whether anyone has stayed at this B&B. Looks great on its website (www.inpiazzadellasignoria.com). Anyone?
Old Apr 27th, 2004, 06:40 PM

I'd love to hear about it, too. I'm staying there in a few weeks. I've sent many e-mails back and forth and they have been very, very accomodating, friendly and helpful.

Old Apr 28th, 2004, 09:09 AM
sbm

Our family, husband and I and two kids, stayed there in Dec 2002. We loved the place. Highly recommend it. Have referred several people who were also happy there.

The location is great, just off the end of Piazza della Signoria, near the Palazzo Vechia. Small, quaint, pretty B&B in a restored Palazzo. We had the 2 room suite. Perfect for families. 1 rm w/Q bed and very modern clean bath w/ large shower & connecting room w/ 2 twins. That room had a huge bathroom w/ sunken tub. The pictures on their site are accurate! (BTW there is an internet spot right across from the front door. We had our digital pictures downloaded onto CD's there).

The best thing about this place is the service. The owners and their staff are incredibly nice, especially to our kids. When we arrived by car they drove with us to the rental car return location. Something that would have been VERY hard to do on our own. While my husband and I were dealing with the car return, they invited the boys into the kitchen for ice cream. They have a good breakfast that they will either bring to your room each morning or you can eat in the little sitting/dinning room. They found a local place to do our laundry (took it there and brought it back, no extra charge!), handled shipping a box back to the US for us, AND after we left Florence we realized my husband left the video camera charger in the room. They sent it to our hotel in Rome and refused to let us pay them back!

I could go on and on about their incredible hospitality. Needless to say we were very happy there. My husband and I have stayed at the 5 star Hotel Lungarno, a beautiful hotel with excellent service too, but anytime we're in Florence now, we'll stay at the B&B instead! After our return home, I sent them a large box of See's candy as a small token of thanks for everything they did. Opps, this turned out long! Hope it helped though.
Old Jun 19th, 2004, 06:52 AM

So glad to hear it! My husband and son have a triple and I picked the Michelangelo for my parents for our trip this winter. I was so impressed by the simple elegance of the rooms. I'm very excited about this.