Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Anyone stayed at Relais Uffizi in Florence?

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 05:19 PM
annieladd

Any experience with this hotel? annieladd

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stayed at the hotel about 3 years ago, nice charming room with newly renovated bathroom; most centrally located-next to Uffizi, breakfast room overlooking Piazza della Signoria, nothing is nicer than sipping tea in the early morning and looking at the empty Piazza.

The best thing is as the hotel is in the alleyway off main streets, no traffic noise in the middle of the night. I have stayed at several hotels in Florence, this is the only one I have ever had good sleep.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 08:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dear annieladd:

I stayed there with my mom & sister about 4 years ago. I loved the location, the rooms and the view from the breakfast room. I would stay there again and think you should too!!
The staff was very nice. In fact, we overslept the first morning and missed breakfast, so the staff brought it to our room!!

Good luck.

MY
Old May 20th, 2007, 02:58 PM
annieladd

I have read where this is centrally located, but also hidden down a series of narrow lanes. My parents are considering staying there because of the central location, but my father cannot walk long distances, and only with the aid of a walker. Would you recommend this hotel, or can you recommend another hotel that would be more convenient for one with limited mobility (this is the area he wants to be in, near the Piazza della Signoria)

Thanks, annieladd

Old May 20th, 2007, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stayed here and liked it very much. A taxi can drop him right outside. Many rooms face the piazza. There is an elevator:

http://www.inpiazzadellasignoria.com/
Old May 20th, 2007, 07:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dear annieladd:

Access is no problem. My mom was 81 at the time. I chose this hotel because of the location and the elevator. It's entrance is down a small alley, but is just steps from the Piazza.

Good luck,

MY