Search

Florence Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:32 AM
Cheryl

Florence Hotels

I just got back from Italy and we stayed at a new hotel called Antica Tornabuoni at #1 Tornabuoni. It is the top 3 floors of an ancient tower that has been converted into a small hotel. It is new (opened about 3-4 months ago) It has some growing pains, but the rooms were lovely and the view from the terrace is spectacular. At the present time there is no bar in the hotel, and if the weather is foul they will deliver breakfast to your room. The location is perfect!

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:38 AM
Frank

I have heard great things about that place. Was the price worth it? The view seems to have made it worthwhile but at 250 Euro in high season, do you think you got a better deal rather than staying at a 5* in Florence? I'm curious to know. Did you have access to make coffee or iron, for example? It has a nice look to it on their website.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:50 AM
sounds good to me

&gt; &gt; &gt;<BR><BR> ... excerpt from another thread ... titled, "Great new Florence Hotel"<BR> <BR> <BR>Author: Lee Anne <BR>Date: 10/21/2002, 12:46 pm<BR>Message: We recently stayed at a wonderful hotel in Florence (Sept/Oct 2002) called Antica Torre Tornabuoni. It just opened in the suumer, and is a refurbished 'castle' with an incredible roof deck with panoramic views of the city. The rooms are very cozy with tremendous detail. We had a wonderful stay, and the owner, Jacapo, and his staff made us feel very welcome and at home. The location is also excellent - right at the end of the fancy street, via Tornabuoni - right near the Arno and Ponte Vecchio bridge.<BR><BR> + + + + + + + + + +

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:57 AM
michelle

When we were in Florence in the Spring of 2001, we stayed at an absolutely wonderful place called the Loggiato dei Servti. It is actually a restored monasterary in a square that was designed entirely by Brunelleschi (sp?). In fact the Orphanage of the Innocents is directly across the square.<BR>The hotel is small with maybe only 20 rooms that are all unique and soooo romantic. The staff were kind and accomodating and the location was superb ! The Accademia where the original David sculpture is was right around the corner and we walked to almost everything !<BR>You won't go wrong with this place.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 02:12 PM
Frank

I have heard great things about that place. Was the price worth it? The view seems to have made it worthwhile but at 250 Euro in high season, do you think you got a better deal rather than staying at a 5* in Florence? I'm curious to know. Did you have access to make coffee or iron, for example? It has a nice look to it on their website.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Cheryl

Frank you do have coffee and other munchies in the room. The manager (Jacopo)is the new breed yound Florentine entrenpeneur who is a little over his head but knows a great deal. I don't know about you, but I couldn't find a 5 star hotel for 250 Euros when I was looking this past spring. There are several other new 4 star hotels popping up all over Florence though.