Reload this Page >

Florence hotel choice?

Search

Florence hotel choice?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 06:39 AM
Ray

Florence hotel choice?

Am looking at staying at either the Ritz Hotel or the Hotel Casci for five days in November. Is one better than the other for any particular reason? Rates are comprable. Thanks for the help.

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 06:44 AM
m

dont'w know the Ritz but Casci is great.

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 06:59 AM
Joanne

Ray: <BR> <BR>We've booked the Casci for next spring based on the good reviews on this forum. In addition, my e-mails to the hotel were responded to immediately and in such a gracious manner. I feel like I'm the owner's niece and he is looking forward to seeing me and my husband. If this is any indication of the treatment we will receive while staying there, I can't wait! <BR> <BR>j

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 10:30 AM
Deb

We returned from Italy about 3 weeks ago. While in Florence we stayed at the Hotel Casci. My impression is as follows. The owners are great. The breakfast is not the best, but it's okay. The rooms are typical for a 2 star hotel in Italy. They are very clean, have A/C, have an in room safe, a hairdryer in the bathroom and the bathroom comes with either a tub or a shower, not both, so you have to specify which you want when booking. The rooms are all VERY small. If you are the type that is used to staying in 2 Star hotels then you can't do much better than the Casci (the location is great as well). However, there is nothing deluxe about this hotel. It's just a clean place to stay where the owners are all very helpful and friendly. I don't know anything about the Ritz, sorry. Hope this helps you!

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 08:30 AM
Brooke

Definitely agree with Deb. Our most helpful and cleanest place we stayed. And they had a TV! Just know that this was the most expensive place we stayed on our trip to give you an idea of our lodging during our 2 week stay throughout italy -- and it was only $120 a night.

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 10:16 AM
Dean

We ahve stayed at teh Casci. Great location in a very touristed area. Close to everything. Go out the leevator, turn right and take the first right. About a block down on the left is a gelateria with only a produtione propria sign in from (our own production). Best gelato we ahd in Florence and a great argument fot he Casci. <BR> <BR>Our room was not particulary small. The shower was a hole in the floor with a shower curtain and a nizzle in the ceiling. Given that the bathroom was a step above the bedroom we had a soggy floor till we realized we needed to put towels under the bathroom door. <BR> <BR>What was great at teh Casci was the service. They spoke English fairly well and were helpful to the extreme. The food was only so-so but why would you eat a hotel breakfast when there are so many bar available to have a great start to the day?

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 10:30 AM
Diane

We stayed at friendly Hotel Casci (pronounced Cashee, BTW)on our 25th Wedding anniversary trip in May. They had a bottle of Asti Spumanti and two glasses waiting for us on check-in! The room was a nice size, and while we thought it might be noisy as it overlooked the street, the shutters and soundproofing kept it quite quiet. The location was marvelous. My only disappointment was that the hot water wasn't very hot. But for two nights, we survived. Loved the laundry service, too. THAT was an unexpected treat!

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 10:58 AM
Dean

Wish I had proofread that before i hit post!!!!!!!