Florence & The Hotel Plaza Lucchesi

Old Nov 9th, 2003, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Florence & The Hotel Plaza Lucchesi

We will be in Florence at the Lucchessi hotel in February w/ two teenagers. After reading reviews my expectations are what I feel is fair. Any suggestions of where to visit with teens? As far as the hotel, I'm learning that an email ahead of time regarding room accomodations is worthwhile.
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 03:32 AM

My husband and I stayed there last february with our two sons, ages 17 and 12. The hotel was terrific, the breakfasts great and the staff very helpful. My sons made good use of the internet on the one computer set up for guests in the lobby and emailed all their friends and they liked the fact that they could get "american-style" omelets for breakfast just by requesting them (after one week in Italy, they were ready for them). The hotel made arrangements for a rental car for us - a brand new BMW sedan - and we drove out to the outlet stores for a day. My boys like designer clothes so I think this was a great day for them. We left right after the midweek morning rush hour and got to the outlets before the tourist busses, so they were empty. Fendi ties for $10 each! It was very easy to get right out of town from the hotel and the countyside was beautiful.
I did email all our hotels before we left and then printed out the return emails and brought them with us to show that I had requested adjoining, non-smoking rooms. I did not need to use them at any of the hotels, however. Becuase it is a slower time of the year, I found that the hotel staff was very accomodating.
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 11:16 AM

My wife and I stayed there in October and found it a very nice hotel. Rooms were nicely furnished, bathrooms were large with american type shower stall. Hotel is right on the River Arn and a nice, short walk to the Ponte Vechio and other interesting areas. Good walking city but watch out for motor scooters.
Old Nov 12th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the input, my kids are 17 and 14 so I'm glad to hear that you had a great time. Shopping is always a number one item our list. I'm glad to hear two great responses to the hotel we are staying at.
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 04:09 AM
Original Poster

Forgot to ask...what was the weather like in florence in February?
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 05:02 AM

We were in Florence, staying at the Plaza Lucchesi, last February, and the weather was sunny and very pleasant--jacket weather, but I don't remember being cold at all. We walked lots, night and day.

The hotel was very nice. Our rooms were on the front overlooking the river. Breakfast was great.

Byrd
Old Jan 16th, 2004, 12:31 PM

I rsearced hotels extensively before our trip last October and found only one negative report about the Lucchesi so we reserved a room in advance. When we arrived they didn't have our reservation in the computer, I showed them the e-mail with the confirmation reservation number but they stated they didn't have it and to make a long story short ,we had the room we reserved for 2 of the 3 nights. No adjustment was made to the bill and there were three tour groups there when we were and breakfast was a mob scene. I couln't recommend or stay there again.